TV Home Forum

Doctor Who - Discussions on Season 5 onwards

Spoiler Free Please (March 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LI
littlesmegger
The Doctor Who official website to release a whole bunch of Doctor's 10 and 11 pictures and videos straight after tonight's show... including teasers for the new series:

Quote:
At 6.40pm on New Year's Day, The End of Time, Part Two begins and the Tenth Doctor's final adventure reaches an incredible finale. It's the end of an era and promises to be an unforgettable event.

Immediately after the episode finishes we'll have a wealth of exciting new material waiting for you right here! In a series of exclusive videos, David Tennant, Executive Producer and writer Russell T Davies and Executive Producer Julie Gardner tell us about The End of Time as well as the past five years, looking back on everything from guest stars to their first days on Doctor Who. There will be their last ever Big Questions, storyboards, a new Fact File, and a fantastic commentary with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner. Plus a surprise or six!

But we'll also have tons of great stuff on the Eleventh Doctor! Get a sensational sneak peek of the new series and check out exclusive new videos... that's all on this site immediately after The End of Time, Part Two finishes.
CR
Critique
BBC News are even covering it, they've just done a big story on the end of
Arguably the most popular Doctor Who ever
whilst showing a few pics of the scene and talking over
A scene where the Master is taunting The Doctor and Wilf whilst they are both tied to chairs
(Whether that is a spoiler I do not know, but to be safe)

Counting down...
Last edited by Critique on 1 January 2010 6:28pm
MO
Moz
Wow - what was that new Doctor Who logo at the end - looked amazing!
JC
JonathanC
The logo is also on the website, so that debate's over with. Who's gonna be the first to post it? Razz
MO
Moz
:-(
A former member
I seen that before Confused I don't mean with the last month
BA
Bail Moderator
If I'd said something along the lines of Wilf being the one who kills The Doctor

hahahaha.
PE
Pete Founding member
Given the potential trouble and mass of spolier tags the trailer on the site will cause I've shamelessly appointed myself Bail and made a lovely new thread

Sorry about that.

Anyhow, despite the ending being a tad drawn out and the Capt Jack bit being crushingly obvious, I rather liked the last bit, with Rose before the met number nine and that lovely line "I don't want to go."

Personally I'd have had him fall over given the effort he clearly went to to keep from regenerating that long but we can't have everything can we.

Also I liked the way the TARDIS crumbled as it fell apart, that was a rather nice touch.
WE
Westy2
Who was the Time Lord who kept their face covered?
JO
Joe
Excellent epsiode - genuinely moving in parts, great twist, and a good end to the Tenth Doctor. I'd rather he went as he did, with that big resentment at having to do so (in many ways like the actor's feelings, I feel) - and that's probably why the TARDIS went a bit mental.
ST
stevek2
Excellent epsiode - genuinely moving in parts, great twist, and a good end to the Tenth Doctor. I'd rather he went as he did, with that big resentment at having to do so (in many ways like the actor's feelings, I feel) - and that's probably why the TARDIS went a bit mental.

why would david tennent be resentfull, he wanted to leave in the first place Confused
JO
Joe
Doesn't mean he's overly happy about it. He's leaving whilst he's still popular - he always says he was only ever going to do three series or something like that. If you watch interviews with him, he comes across as genuinely sad to be leaving. Just because it's his choice, doesn't mean he's massively pleased with it in the short run.

Newer posts