« Topics
cylon63,720 posts since 6 Mar 2005
London London
Brilliant news ident. Shows a darker sky and a logo formation (usual circle formation).

Simple and classy into the news. I like it. Shame there isn't another ident, I can see people complaining about the same Who ident being shown endlessly.
dbl9,244 posts since 11 Jun 2004
London London
I was hoping there'd be a second, non-Doctor Who ident but it appears there isn't going to be one, so I've deleted BBC One from my DTT EPG and detuned it from analogue. I may or may not bother to retune in January.

Over an ident? An ident ?! If it bothers you that much just switch over to another channel for 15 seconds
London London
I was hoping there'd be a second, non-Doctor Who ident but it appears there isn't going to be one, so I've deleted BBC One from my DTT EPG and detuned it from analogue. I may or may not bother to retune in January.

I really can't stand the glorified Dr Who promo, I'm sorry. Yes they've spent a lot of money on it and as other posters have said, it looks beautiful - well so does the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, but you wouldn't have that as a BBC One ident just because 'it looks beautiful'. As a CHRISTMAS ident this abysmal effort (like the three before it) just fails.

If I deleted a channel from my EPG just because of a poor ident I wouldn't have watched BBC1 during the Rhythm and Movement era or Channel 4 when they got rid of their famous multi-coloured block logo. So you won't watch anything on BBC1 for three weeks? That's just bizarre!! Shocked
Joe6,562 posts since 9 Oct 2005
Meridian (South) South Today
I really can't stand the glorified Dr Who promo, I'm sorry. Yes they've spent a lot of money on it and as other posters have said, it looks beautiful - well so does the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, but you wouldn't have that as a BBC One ident just because 'it looks beautiful'. As a CHRISTMAS ident this abysmal effort (like the three before it) just fails.

I dislike the glorified ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Thus, I avoid all of Vatican City, and indeed most of Europe.
Isonstine2,537 posts since 28 Mar 2001
London London

I honestly cannot believe you are real and am fast believing you make these ridiculous statements merely to get a reaction. Well some reaction is better than none I guess...

Not a lot more to say about the main ident as that has been done to death - the news ident is absolutely stunning though. It would be nice if there was one that could lead into the news all year round with music that's a bit more sombre and subtle. Very nice, but it's a shame that people will get bored of it due to the early launch date. They really should have focussed their efforts on the promos up until a couple of days before and then left this ident till nearer Christmas Eve.
08tom671 posts since 24 Nov 2007
Nice to see the white form up instead of the red. Hope the white comes back in the new year. Nice ident BBC shame there is not more than one as I think I may be tried of the ident by christmas but still nice ident.
London London
Nice to see the white form up instead of the red. Hope the white comes back in the new year. Nice ident BBC shame there is not more than one as I think I may be tried of the ident by christmas but still nice ident.

I think sometimes a different coloured form up should be used for certain idents. For example I'm glad they now use red for Penguins as you couldn't see it before. I'd like some variety with the BBC One perhaps being in different colours in the ident as well.