« Topics
George12345391 posts since 27 Sep 2005
Although I don't know defiently it's a cert that this year's ident will tx either at 6:15pm or 6:45pm, more likely being the 6:45pm if they keep on the trend which they do every year which is just before the SCD semi-final. With that being said I'd keep one eye on 6:15pm but expect it to be the later of the 2
cylon63,720 posts since 6 Mar 2005
London London
Forgive me if I have missed this, but is there a 'serious' Christmas ident for the News etc

Yes, there is.

S

As well there should be. But looking back on BBC Christmas pres from the past. You could say that the BBC1 robins from 1985 and the holly dancing round a Christmas Tree in 1986 weren't suitable to lead into the news but I think they were.

Can anybody remember if that was indeed the case?

Also should we be tuning in before Merlin or Strictly to see the Christmas ident?
adw200729 posts since 25 Oct 2009
Meridian (South) South Today
Forgive me if I have missed this, but is there a 'serious' Christmas ident for the News etc

Yes, there is.

S

As well there should be. But looking back on BBC Christmas pres from the past. You could say that the BBC1 robins from 1985 and the holly dancing round a Christmas Tree in 1986 weren't suitable to lead into the news but I think they were.

Can anybody remember if that was indeed the case?

Also should we be tuning in before Merlin or Strictly to see the Christmas ident?

if sir would look a few posts up please! Laughing

most probably 6:45 but keep an eye on 6:15 just in case!
08tom669 posts since 24 Nov 2007
Well it going to be at 6:00 or 6:45 as merlin is not 30 mins long it 45!

Last year it was before Strictly Come Dancing so I bet on 6:45pm.
littlesmegger1,168 posts since 11 Dec 2004
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Thought it'd follow Merlin into Strictly. Speaking of Merlin, do we think there's any reason they never give it a Christmas special now that it's confirmed as a success? It does run up to the week before afterall, so giving it a special finale that week just before Doctor Who seems to make sense. The one time of the year where both shows could meet on one night.
Profile on both 'Playstation Network' and 'Xbox Live': littlesmegger