TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing

Who will win: Ricky Whittle or Chris Hollins (August 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CR
Critique

[media:3264a7bfad]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Gavin_Scott/Strictly_RonnieC.flv[/media:3264a7bfad]

Does Scotland skip out the intro for Strictly or did you do that?
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
I did that.
PT
Put The Telly On
I guess having Ronnie was Bruce's idea given they're big golfing pals. I seem to remember Bruce saying somewhere that Ronnie would be his understudy on such occasions.
BP
bpmikey
I thought Tess played a blinded and showed how adaptable and versatile she is. I disagree with people who have stated that she is comically a shambles with no depth. I thought at times she was very quick witted and comical and really proved he self as a credible presenter. Claudia, again was amazing but I thought Tess stole the show and I wouldn't be too upset if Bruce had to retire and Tess man the show.

All in all, it was a great show, although I didn't feel there was a need to have Ronnie. If Bruce leaves and they don't hire a replacement, either a male professional dances should walk down with Tess every week, or they adapt the set so that there is only one staircase for her to waltze down. Or there could be a new presenter staircase for Tess only as I feel a doubleheaded female opening would be a bit weird!
GS
I thought Tess played a blinded and showed how adaptable and versatile she is. I disagree with people who have stated that she is comically a shambles with no depth. I thought at times she was very quick witted and comical and really proved he self as a credible presenter. Claudia, again was amazing but I thought Tess stole the show and I wouldn't be too upset if Bruce had to retire and Tess man the show.

All in all, it was a great show, although I didn't feel there was a need to have Ronnie. If Bruce leaves and they don't hire a replacement, either a male professional dances should walk down with Tess every week, or they adapt the set so that there is only one staircase for her to waltze down. Or there could be a new presenter staircase for Tess only as I feel a doubleheaded female opening would be a bit weird!

Each to their own, of course.

But as you think Katie Price is awesome then I suppose by comparison Tess "played a blinder".

Anyway, can we refrain from writing Bruce out of the show for now? He had a flu for one week and already you're rebuilding the staircase.

13 days later

:-(
A former member
There is talk of Major changes, is their any truth in it.
BR
Brekkie
There is talk of Major changes, is their any truth in it.

The thing is the changes talked about are ditching Alesha for either Arlene or Darcy, which won't make non-Strictly viewers tune in - and replacing Brucie when he quits, which won't happen next series. And as for signing up "A-list" celebs - well, yeah, right!
Last edited by Brekkie on 29 November 2009 5:46pm
NG
noggin Founding member
The last interview I read with Darcy suggests she's very happy with her new life as a mum in Sydney - so maybe she wouldn't really want to decamp to Britain for 4 months of the year?
TV
TV Geek
I think its hilarious people don't think Alesha has the right to judge yet want her replacing with Darcey. At least Alesha has been involved in the show and has small experience in ballroom, better than having none at all like ballerina Darcey. Its like Cheryl Cole becoming a judge on an opera show, ballroom and ballet are worlds apart.
JU
jumpinjack
I think its hilarious people don't think Alesha has the right to judge yet want her replacing with Darcey. At least Alesha has been involved in the show and has small experience in ballroom, better than having none at all like ballerina Darcey. Its like Cheryl Cole becoming a judge on an opera show, ballroom and ballet are worlds apart.

Ballroom & Ballet are not worlds apart. Alot of professional ballroom dancers started as Ballet dancers actually. Anton Du Beke for one. Ballet teaches you core strength and good use of arm placement. These things help with ballroom dancing and technically gives you a good grounding.
GS

Ballroom & Ballet are not worlds apart. Alot of professional ballroom dancers started as Ballet dancers actually. Anton Du Beke for one. Ballet teaches you core strength and good use of arm placement. These things help with ballroom dancing and technically gives you a good grounding.

There's a lot of truth in that; says I with 3 years of ballet, ballroom, historical, jazz and tap under my belt.

Not that I'm any good.
TV
TV Geek

Whilst what you're saying is true, we're discussing Darcey who hasn't made the leap into ballroom so has no experience. Until you've made the change, they are still two very different styles. Therefore imo she has less credentials than Alesha to judge. Still, at least she isn't Emma Bunton, soon to be judging Dancing on Ice.

Newer posts