TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonny
The new Sky branding, along with this year's Christmas campaign, debuted during The X Factor:

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/2007TopGearDog/NewSkyBranding.flv

Cost savings are apparent by the shared use of Sky3's presentation scheme!
SK
skyfan
Jonny posted:

What a stupid comment, just because it has a similar colour scheme.
CH
Chie
Jonny posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour
DB
dbl
Jonny posted:

Woosh
NI
nidave
Didn't they just reissue all the viewing cards using the old logo?
IS
Isonstine Founding member
I don't think Sky have had a consistent brand for the last 15 years. There's always been different channel logos then different ones in print and then another on the viewing cards. I guess we came as close as we could with the launch of Sky Digital back in 1998 - which I think felt really fresh after the egg but everything just seems like a bit of a mish mash at the moment. They'll take two years to update all the channel logos and branding and then change it again. And thus, the vicious circle continues.
SK
skyfan
I don't think Sky have had a consistent brand for the last 15 years. There's always been different channel logos then different ones in print and then another on the viewing cards. I guess we came as close as we could with the launch of Sky Digital back in 1998 - which I think felt really fresh after the egg but everything just seems like a bit of a mish mash at the moment. They'll take two years to update all the channel logos and branding and then change it again. And thus, the vicious circle continues.

What they should do is have a similar setup to the 1993 era. Have all channels with similar idents, which they can change every few years, and for instance, sports graphics to be loosley based on the current theme, so they don't tie in too much with the channels logos.
ED
edmund
That advert is a bit stupid. It shows all 3 skytv logos the SKY old capital letter logo for sky movies HD, then on the HD box the old non capital letter logo, and then at the end the new logo. Why introduce a new logo when they already have too many.
OV
Orry Verducci
I've just noticed Sky1 now have the new logo on the breakbumpers, similar to how they used to have the Sky logo on the breakbumpers for all the channels. I assume Sky2 and 3 are the same.
NW
nwtv2003
I've just noticed Sky1 now have the new logo on the breakbumpers, similar to how they used to have the Sky logo on the breakbumpers for all the channels. I assume Sky2 and 3 are the same.

Sky 3 had the new breakbumper aswell, I know the new logo isn't that different from the old one, but I don't like it, it's not very Sky like. Confused
JO
Jonny
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/2007TopGearDog/skynewlogo2.jpg
LL
Larry the Loafer
They've started popping up on Sky Movies channels as well.

Newer posts