TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Ant
Waste of money really. I don't get what was wrong with the logo before.
JA
jay Founding member
Reminds me of the National Lottery font for some reason.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
jay posted:
Reminds me of the National Lottery font for some reason.

Yeah I know what you mean, probably because of the curves they've added to the 'y'.
CR
Critique
I like the refreshed logo, even if it was a bit of a waste of time. It seems friendlier.
SK
skyfan
It looks like a lowercase version of the "Sky Sports Font".

The "Sky Sports Font" is a slight variation of the "Sky Font"
HA
harshy Founding member
I like the refreshed logo, even if it was a bit of a waste of time. It seems friendlier.

waste of money and quite frankly who is even going to see the difference!
IS
Inspector Sands
Waste of what money?
CH
Chie
benjy posted:
http://static.rainforestrescue.sky.com/skyrainforest//images/sky-rainforest-logo.gif

That looks pretty much what I was expecting given that the marketing spiel specifically mentioned the "s". Not surprised it's quite a subtle change, though it does seem a little bit of a waste of money! It looks a little less slick than the old one, but as a result it does look a bit "friendlier", I suppose. Time will tell how bothered they are about updating the logo in all the places it appears.

Makes me think we are even less likely to see the corporate logo gracing the Sky News logo any time soon. Would lack a certain authority, perhaps...

I think the current trend for rounded, childish, lowercase logos is a bit silly. If it was Mothercare or something then I could understand the need for such a logo, but this is SKY we're talking about. Not that I'm really bothered about Sky though. It's their funeral, I guess.
JA
jay Founding member
Chie posted:
benjy posted:
http://static.rainforestrescue.sky.com/skyrainforest//images/sky-rainforest-logo.gif

That looks pretty much what I was expecting given that the marketing spiel specifically mentioned the "s". Not surprised it's quite a subtle change, though it does seem a little bit of a waste of money! It looks a little less slick than the old one, but as a result it does look a bit "friendlier", I suppose. Time will tell how bothered they are about updating the logo in all the places it appears.

Makes me think we are even less likely to see the corporate logo gracing the Sky News logo any time soon. Would lack a certain authority, perhaps...

I think the current trend for rounded, childish, lowercase logos is a bit silly. If it was Mothercare or something then I could understand the need for such a logo, but this is SKY we're talking about. Not that I'm really bothered about Sky though. It's their funeral, I guess.

Biggest over-reaction ever? It's virtually the same! How is it their funeral?!?
CH
Chie
jay posted:

Because it devalues the brand.

And that wasn't an over-reaction.

Certainly not the 'biggest over-reaction evar!!!' anyway.
Last edited by Chie on 22 October 2009 3:10am
MD
mdtauk
Chie posted:
jay posted:

Because it devalues the brand.

And that wasn't an over-reaction.

Certainly not the 'biggest over-reaction evar!!!' anyway.

http://assets.wwf.org.uk/img/sky_rr_logo_240_9845.jpg

But mothercare is pretty much the feel they are going for. Trusted and friendly, as opposed to future, technological.
Last edited by mdtauk on 22 October 2009 4:40am
JC
JonathanC
It bugs me how the S is not connected while the k and y are.

I know it's nothing new, but the version there it just stands out more to me. Possibly as I'm looking closely at it to spot the tiny change.
Last edited by JonathanC on 22 October 2009 2:21pm

Newer posts