« Topics
nwtv20038,370 posts since 5 Jan 2003
Granada North West Today
I watched the opening bit to Granada Reports earlier, but I couldn't help but notice they're now using another variation of the titles, and the opening shot came from a different side to the studio, which I thought looked a lot better than where they usually stand. Was tonight the first time they done this, or has it been going on all week?
steve
steviegTVreturns
itsrobert6,291 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today
The new titles seem to be a mixture of old and new footage:

Man cycling past Jodrell Bank / Children running towards camera
Seacat ferry / Man at car factory
Royal Liver Building / Man and baby
Eric Morcambe statue / Skateboarding teenager
Ramblers
Manchester ferris wheel
Roman soldiers, Chester / Children riding donkeys in Blackpool
morgaineofevil
London London
At least Granada local is back and up and running albiet in a smaller form. Did anyone report on the minor story the other week that was the oldham loop line closing. To the people of amnchester and Oldham it was a bigf deal for them, having to bus it for 3 years isn't pleasant.

Who was the new lady presenter Rachel Phillips last Friday? I'm, surprised none of the regulars were available to stand in, or have Granada got rid of them all???
TV Geek534 posts since 6 Aug 2009
Granada North West Today
At least Granada local is back and up and running albiet in a smaller form. Did anyone report on the minor story the other week that was the oldham loop line closing. To the people of amnchester and Oldham it was a bigf deal for them, having to bus it for 3 years isn't pleasant.

Who was the new lady presenter Rachel Phillips last Friday? I'm, surprised none of the regulars were available to stand in, or have Granada got rid of them all???

She has been on a few times but shes one of the least regular presenters. Kate only seems to do GMTV and Keri I don't think I've seen for a while, the same with Ann and Clare. I think they were ridiculous to let Sarah Elliot go when she was the best replacement. Keri is technically the best presenter but Sarah was much warmer and Granada Reports has always had a warm feel to it rather than a cold/corporate feel.
No further posts are being accepted for this topic