TV Home Forum

Loose Women

Weekday Lunchtimes ITV 1 (September 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Macalolo
Decided to set this up seeing as there isnt a place to talk about the lunchtime show. So a new look today, personally I think it just looks dull and depressing especially with those awful red colours. That is just my opionion.
Last edited by Macalolo on 28 May 2010 11:06pm - 3 times in total
DB
dbl
I agree the burgundy colour doesn't suit the set at all.
TV
TV Geek
Credit crunch is biting ITV hard if they can't even afford a few bits of new wood to paint, not just for Loose Women but This Morning too. Loose Women now looks like a late night show or some kind of strip club. When the summer is here that set is going to look awfully depressing.

When does Kate make her first appearance?
FA
fanoftv
It's not the greatest colour choice, butI do think that it's a damn sight better than the blue, and it's a nice little spruce up without great cost.
RM
Roger Mellie
dbl posted:
I agree the burgundy colour doesn't suit the set at all.

I think all they've done is just changed the colour... the titles and set and exactly the same otherwise Laughing If I rightly recall, they've changed the Exec Producer for LW (the old one now does This Morning now, I believe?), so perhaps that why they've decided to make the change.

I thought Sarah Ferguson came across very well as a guest today: Not as tetchy as she was with Richard & Judy, able to laugh at herself and banter, even came across as humble-- well as humble as an ex-Royal would be Wink Mel B is a curious choice as panelist (later this week), I imagine she'll be livelier than Emma Bunton was!

I imagine Kate Thornton will start sometime this week as well, since Jackie and Andrea used to mix and match their days, rather than have a "one week on/one week off" set-up. I look foward to seeing how see gets on.
TV
TV Geek
Mel B isn't a panelist, shes hosting the show w/c 14th September. But apart from the awful set which I'll probably get used to (I hated it when it was blue as well but liked it in the end Laughing ) its still exactly the same show which is a good thing (or bad if you post on Digital Spy).
DJ
DJ Dave
they seem to do the same every year now, just pick a new colour, it was like a orange then blue then red today.
:-(
A former member
I don't see why they need to get Mel B in to guest present. It's not like she's a huge name or anything, surely if Kate Thornton and Andrea McLean are unavailable for a week then one of the panel could present. I know Carol McGiffin has done it on the odd occasion, strangely good she was too. Denise Welsh has done a fair few as well.

Jane McDonald would be ace!
RM
Roger Mellie
Mel B isn't a panelist, shes hosting the show w/c 14th September. But apart from the awful set which I'll probably get used to (I hated it when it was blue as well but liked it in the end Laughing ) its still exactly the same show which is a good thing (or bad if you post on Digital Spy).

Oh right, my apologies-- even curiouser! I can't say I was fan of the blue background either, but I got used to it too. I believe Loose Women is a decent show, as long as you don't take it seriously. The loose ladies certainly don't, and it's a good laugh as a result-- iI think so anyway.

When Kaye first left, the regulars took in turns to present the show: As mentioned previously, Carol and Denise had a couple of turns, I'm sure Jane did too-- even Sherrie! If I recall they then brought Kate Garraway in for a while, before settling on Jackie and Andrea.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Denise did it more than a couple of times. She presented it for weeks on end, IIRC. (With long and short hair!!!!)

James
TV
TV Geek
Carole Malone and Ruth Langsford were other people who have also presented the show, although once dropped from the presenting team were dropped from the show altogether.
BP
bpmikey
it sems weird that the titles are still blue, but the studio isn't!!! They should make them match, then that would really look gothic!!

Newer posts