TV Home Forum

Laurel and Hardy on BBC2

(August 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
EX
excel99
I think I only read that with regards to BBC1. So BBC2 could be a different matter. Also I don't think BBC2 simulcasts with CBBC but shows different programmes instead
CY
cylon6
I miss the Laurel and Hardy films too, along with repeats of The Phil Silvers Show and Tom & Jerry cartoons on a Saturday evening on BBC1.
:-(
A former member
I miss the Laurel and Hardy films too, along with repeats of The Phil Silvers Show and Tom & Jerry cartoons on a Saturday evening on BBC1.

if we are on to Saturday evenings. I can remember repeats of Are you being seved and allo allo at 5.15pm

does anyone remember "Stay Tonned" no one has yet postage opening of this series
MI
Michael

if we are on to Saturday evenings. I can remember repeats of Are you being seved and allo allo at 5.15pm

does anyone remember "Stay Tonned" no one has yet postage opening of this series

Stay Tooned? Cartoon retrospective show with Tony Robinson. VERY brief snip of it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzePbQjKjs

EDIT: Which I just notice you found 1 month ago!
:-(
A former member
look at the comment on the video from about month ago on the clip Wink
PT
Put The Telly On
I was particularly pleased that somebody was more overjoyed in seeing a millisecond of Coronation Street at the start.
GW
Gareth Williams

Stay Tooned? Cartoon retrospective show with Tony Robinson. VERY brief snip of it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzePbQjKjs

EDIT: Which I just notice you found 1 month ago!

I vagually remember "Stay Tooned" with Tony Robinson. It was similar to Rolf's Cartoon Time. I also remember a show called Cartoon Critters hosted by two puppet dogs. Anyway back on topic I do wish they would show the Laurel and Hardy films. It's been years since I last saw it.
PT
Put The Telly On
Stay Tooned was always a filler between The Clothes Show and Masterchef if I remember right.
MI
Michael

I vagually remember "Stay Tooned" with Tony Robinson. It was similar to Rolf's Cartoon Time.

Sorry, but it wasn't. Rolf's Cartoon Time was Rolf sat at an easel drawing three cartoon characters as an introduction to three respective complete cartoons. Stay Tooned each week focussed on a particular cartoon character or time in history and featured snippets of cartoons with talking heads from people involved.
MA
Maaixuew
Is ChuckleVision not good enough for you?
ST
STEVE 03
Comparing the Chuckle Brothers to the comic genius which is Laurel and Hardy is a HUGE insult to their memory Very Happy Laughing

Newer posts