TV Home Forum

Top Gear - Last Episode

Locations (August 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rojouk
OK, that last film on TG last night, can anybody tell me where they filmed it because it was beautiful?
MI
Michael
Speculation on DS leads to Isle of Man (no speed limits) or Scotland/North Wales.

I'd go with the Isle of Man, due to it being Jeremy's home and because it wasn't an all-out review, just an evocative lament, therefore just needing pretty scenery and less practical needs.
RB
RB
It wasn't the Isle of Man
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
And we can rule out my street in Edinburgh.

Anywhere in Edinburgh, come to think of it.

Bloody tramworks.
MA
Manxy
Definitely not the Isle of Man, because if the island is to feature on TV its front page news over here.

If you look cafefully at the rev/speedo during the panning shots from outside to Jeremy, it is showing either 0 mph or 0 revs. Which sort of ruins the effect of the whole sequence. Damn BBC and their trickery Very Happy
ST
stevek2
Manxy posted:
If you look cafefully at the rev/speedo during the panning shots from outside to Jeremy, it is showing either 0 mph or 0 revs. Which sort of ruins the effect of the whole sequence. Damn BBC and their trickery Very Happy

they probably had it on a low loader so he could talk to the camera

where ever it was there wasn't much traffic

so it wasn't the lake district Laughing

talking of top gear what happened to the airport vehicle racing Confused
MS
Mr-Stabby
Manxy posted:

they probably had it on a low loader so he could talk to the camera

where ever it was there wasn't much traffic

so it wasn't the lake district Laughing

I'm guessing it was green screen or something, because the effect of the background constantly changing while the camera moved would make Clarkson fade with the background footage unless he was able to keep perfectly still. I imagine they could have done it without green screen, but it would have been a much harder job to do so.
MI
Michael

Next series.
IS
Inspector Sands
According to this website, it was in Snowdonia:
http://www.flyingtv.co.uk/news.php
ST
stevek2

Next series.