« Topics
James Vertigan3,156 posts since 2 Jun 2001
London London
Interesting to see reporter Philip Loat doing the Breakfast bulletins for the past couple of days, don't think he's ever done them before, perhaps all the usual Breakfast newsreaders are on holiday?

Incidentally, stage one of digital switchover begins at Huntshaw Cross and its relays tonight Smile
fusionlad2,082 posts since 6 Sep 2001
Westcountry Spotlight
After moving Spotlight from BBC One to BBC Two last Friday, Justin Leigh writes this in his daily e-mail

Quote:
First of all I should let you know we're showing some of our coverage of the homecoming parade for 3 Commando Brigade held in Exeter on Friday. The tennis meant we were moved to BBC 2 and many viewers couldn't see us. I know from the emails we've received that it angered many viewers but sadly it was a decision beyond our control, although I share your frustration.

mizzb603 posts since 5 May 2003
Saw Richard Lawrence back reporting on The Westcountry Tonight this evening. Good to see him working on tv news again . What a pity they had to make him redundant in the first place. Mad
sprungli_bob17 posts since 26 Nov 2007
Curious... and very intriguing...

The Private Eye article seems to suggest Lisa Aziz has been suspended after allegations of gross misconduct, possibly relating to her expenses...

There was an article in the Bristol Evening Post exactly 2 weeks ago saying she was off work with tendonitis and there was "nothing sinister" about it!
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Tendonitis-takes-Lisa-Aziz-air/article-1107974-detail/article.html

Talking about her semi-regular co-presenter Steve Scott she was quoted as saying:
Quote:
"Obviously, the office is concerned and it's all very sad because I love my job and being on air and am missing Steve and he has been missing me."

(Guffaw guffaw.....)
Last edited by sprungli_bob on 9 July 2009 1:34am - 3 times in total
DVB Cornwall7,689 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
more on the Aziz affair was published prominently today in the region ....

ITV's Lisa facing expenses probe

WESTCOUNTRY Tonight presenter Lisa Aziz has been suspended for allegedly fiddling her expenses.

One of the claims was reportedly a 5.75 bill for dry cleaning a child's top.
Ms Aziz, 47, has not been seen hosting nightly news programme ITV's nightly news programme Westcountry Tonight for the past month.
Last night, the matter threatened to develop into a major race row as it was reported that she is considering suing the broadcaster for religious discrimination, ageism and sexism.

more ...

This is Cornwall
James Vertigan3,156 posts since 2 Jun 2001
London London
There seems to be a lot of swapping round of ITV regional forecasters lately... I've seen Alex Beresford doing forecasts for London (although it may have been a national forecast) and ITV Wales forecasters Ruth Wignall and James Wright doing forecasts on ITV Westcountry. Must be the time of year when a lot of ITV forecasters go on holiday!
Jez10,778 posts since 7 May 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
There seems to be a lot of swapping round of ITV regional forecasters lately... I've seen Alex Beresford doing forecasts for London (although it may have been a national forecast) and ITV Wales forecasters Ruth Wignall and James Wright doing forecasts on ITV Westcountry. Must be the time of year when a lot of ITV forecasters go on holiday!

I noticed James did the forcast for ITV Westcountry today but when did Ruth do a forcast on Westcountry? It used to be Central and Wales that shared forcasters but we dont see Emma Jesson anymore on ITV Wales.