TV Home Forum

Hollyoaks - Weekdays 6.30pm C4, 7pm E4

(September 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I wouldn't be axing the Roy family anytime soon - they're bedding in quite nicely and even though Ash and Anita are as annoying as hell, they've done pretty well with their recent storylines.
CR
Crispin

PS have I missed where Zoe's meant to be at present? Shocked

I think the character's just off screen for now, same as Darren and Jack. They haven't gone anywhere and we are to assume they are carrying on with their normal activities. I know Zoe popped up in one scene not so long ago.
DA
davidmcg

PS have I missed where Zoe's meant to be at present? Shocked

I think the character's just off screen for now, same as Darren and Jack. They haven't gone anywhere and we are to assume they are carrying on with their normal activities. I know Zoe popped up in one scene not so long ago.

With the Salsa teacher (think it was part of Steph's dancing school storyline)

20 days later

NT
NorthTonight
Anyone else noticed that there's been a bit of difference in some of the closing titles this week? It seems that sometimes the character names has been in upper case, the actors names in lower, then in a couple of episodes it swapped... Shocked
NT
NorthTonight
Altough I don't think it's fair Hollyoaks came away with nothing from the Soap Awards, unless they up their game very shortly, it could be the same scenario next year.
BR
Brekkie
They didn't deserve as much as last year, but didn't deserve nothing. After all it's only the last few months that it's gone downhill - the six months or so after the last awards were still excellent, and I thought Max's death and Niall's revenge might have got something in the episode/spectacular scene categories.

I do think there was a bit of over-correction on the panel. The big soaps were poor losers last year, and they felt they had to redress the balance.

What I'm surprised about is the episodes on air now are still Brian Kirkwood produced - so it's not even that the new producer is at fault.
JE
Jez Founding member
I think they deserved a couple of awards for the Niall storyline but cant help feeling happy that RJC won Best Exit!

But lets hope Hollyoaks will improve - its been dire this year so far.
:-(
A former member
Was it just me or was the opening titles today on C4 shorter than usual?
BR
Brekkie
Looks like they crashed into them on C4(+1), but they were still intact on E4.

The titles are getting a “small but noticeable tweak" on June 1st when Lucy Allan's reign begins.
BR
Brekkie
Some teasers about the next few months:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a156720/plot-teasers-from-new-oaks-producer.html

(Some spoilers, but more teasers really).
JE
Jez Founding member
We see the end of several long term characters over the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see what new characters they introduce to replace them and what direction they take the show.
BR
Brekkie
Looks like a bit of a crafty double bluff their from Hollyoaks. Best week of episodes for a good six months though - just a shame we've lost a couple of the stronger characters, rather than the weaker ones.

Newer posts