The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FN
FromtheNorth
Sadly not, there's no Granada presence at the docks now. The have a small office in the Liver Building.
NW
nwtv2003
The floating map at the Dock was still there in 2003 (I think), but it had become really mouldy and fell into disrepair, it got removed not too long after.

Last I checked the 'Granada Television' sign has been taken down from the old Albert Dock building aswell. Don't know who occupies it now, but you wouldn't recognise the old This Morning studio now, that's changed a couple of times since they moved down to London.
JJ
JJ
Check out ITV Local.Com, for an exclusive interview with Fred and Jo.

Even if you do go down to the Albert Dock, it is easy to locate the old This Morning studio.
NW
nwtv2003
JJ posted:
Check out ITV Local.Com, for an exclusive interview with Fred and Jo.

Even if you do go down to the Albert Dock, it is easy to locate the old This Morning studio.

Oh it's easy to know where it is, I'm just saying you wouldn't recognise it now, it's been changed a couple of times.

Just watched Fred's Weather on ITV Local, he's certainately bringing his style back to it, he made it feel more like a chat than an actual report, but good to have him back.
BU
buster
It's easy to spot as the pillars outside the window are painted grey instead of the red that is around the rest of the dock - presumably to stop them showing up on camera.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
The old This Morning studio had been empty for quite a while but has recently re-opened as a restaurant. I can't remember what it's called though.
TG
TG
Is it just me getting all kinds of errors when trying to actually get any video on itvlocal? This is in IE and Firefox by the way...
JJ
JJ
An outside broadcast for the Granada Weather tonight - from Granada's rooftop, presented by Jo.
JJ
JJ
If ITV news gets a new look, what will the Granada titles be like, do you think?
JJ
JJ
Both Lucy and Rob, done Granada Reports all this week. Lucy doesn't usually do a full week. Tony has had a week off - well he does work almost everyday.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Just watched today's Granada Weather on ITV Local... Fred's presenting style is very enthusiastic and different than what you get anywhere else
BS
Ben Shatliff
Andrew posted:
Just watched today's Granada Weather on ITV Local... Fred's presenting style is very enthusiastic and different than what you get anywhere else

I agree, I felt I could understand the weather better with Fred as he gave more detail and not too fast.

Sometimes the way the speed the weather up, you have to really concentrate.

Well done Granada at last for bringing the best weatherman back to our region.

Newer posts