TV Home Forum

Christmas Telly 2008

(October 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
Chie
Like the Radio Times, the festive issue of the Sunday Times Culture magazine also has a Wallace & Gromit theme:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/webchie/walgrom1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/webchie/walgrom2.jpg

You can read the above article here
PT
Put The Telly On
Every TV supplement seems to have a Wallace and Gromit theme this year. It's the only thing worth watching, clearly.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Dave are currently showing a Christmas special of Whose Line, featuring 6 performers. I'm guessing it must be from the early series as the set has a black background, rather than the blue backdrop.
MA
madmusician
Just a quick question about the Queen's Speech. Was the big BBC logo at the start (the same one that is superimposed over the titles of almost all of their programmes) on ITV's copy too, or was this put on after the programme was made? If it is the former, then it is rather cheeky of the BBC!
NW
nwtv2003
madmusician posted:
Just a quick question about the Queen's Speech. Was the big BBC logo at the start (the same one that is superimposed over the titles of almost all of their programmes) on ITV's copy too, or was this put on after the programme was made? If it is the former, then it is rather cheeky of the BBC!

Don't know really, we saw the speech on ITV1 and the logo only appeared at the end, but on The Royal Channel on YouTube I'm sure I saw the BBC logo at the start of it.
CH
Chie
madmusician posted:

As I understand it, the BBC and ITN take it in turns to produce the speech every other year. So if it was the BBC's turn this year, it makes sense to have their logo on it for the copyright.
PS
Paul_S_UK
What the f**k has happened to "The Royle Family"? Now we know why Ralf Little didn't want to take part. Amateurish and tiresome script/plot...and why have the characters gone from being believable and loveable to bizzarely dumbed-down, un-believeable and annoying. Very sad addition to "The Royle Family" story...s**ts on the shows great past!
AN
Andrew Founding member
For some strange reason BBC1 has been running around 7 mins later than billed all night, not sure why as there isn't anything live in the schedule
:-(
A former member
the Stanley baxter. show is great!
DA
David
Chie posted:
madmusician posted:

As I understand it, the BBC and ITN take it in turns to produce the speech every other year. So if it was the BBC's turn this year, it makes sense to have their logo on it for the copyright.

The logo has nothing to do with copyright. This is about the BBC logo at the start of the programme. For what its worth, there is a version on Sky Anytime which includes the BBC logo at the start, so it was probably on all versions.
RD
RDJ
Is there any reason that HTV West and Westcountry has Help! I'm A Fish as the Christmas night film rather than Mermaids as being shown everywhere else?
DA
David
davidlees posted:
For what its worth, there is a version on Sky Anytime which includes the BBC logo at the start, so it was probably on all versions.

I'd just like to reply to my own post and say I was wrong. The Sky Anytime version did have the BBC logo but it turns out that I also recorded the ITV showing and that didn't have the BBC logo.

Newer posts