The Newsroom

The Weather Thread

For Domestic Coverage (November 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
Steve in Pudsey posted:
Would this be the first time GMTV have had a trained forecaster rather than a presenter on the weather?

They had Ian McGaskill for sometime around 1998/99 when they were short on presenters.

8 days later

CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
The weather for the national news didn't go to plan. The radio mic fell off and the end slide looked like it was missing its graphic.
WE
Westy2
More Laura Tobin please.

She's so cute Very Happy
JO
Joshua
I take it Kirsty McCabe has left the BBC already, unlike Emma Crosby who is finishing her contract at christmas?

Got to agree with your comment on Laura Tobin aswell, lovely presenter.
SE
Seb
josh205 posted:
I take it Kirsty McCabe has left the BBC already, unlike Emma Crosby who is finishing her contract at christmas?

Got to agree with your comment on Laura Tobin aswell, lovely presenter.

Kirsty McCabe was on the News Channel earlier today ....
TE
tellywatcher
josh205 posted:

Kirsty presented the weather on the News at One today, so I presume her contract will be ending at Christmas too?

EDIT: alarsne53 beat me to it!
JW
JamesWorldNews
I like Liam Dutton, personally. And Sean Batty from STV is also an excellent personality too. Sean would be good for something like GMTV. He would give Ben Shepherd a run for his money in the Top Man / Next best dressed presenter awards.
ST
Stuart
Charlie Wells posted:
The weather for the national news didn't go to plan. The radio mic fell off and the end slide looked like it was missing its graphic.

I thought he managed well, under the circumstances; I assume he stood on his microphone lead and ripped it from his jacket lapel? It was rather a 'double wammy' although by then the 'end slide' failure didn't really matter Laughing

http://vid273.photobucket.com/albums/jj219/StuartPlymouth/BBCWeatherMike281108.flv
CO
Connews
Steve in Pudsey posted:
Would this be the first time GMTV have had a trained forecaster rather than a presenter on the weather?

IIRC, John Hammond (the bloke in the above blooper) presented on occasion for GMTV on weekends at one point.
BA
bilky asko
Stuart posted:
Charlie Wells posted:

I thought he managed well, under the circumstances; I assume he stood on his microphone lead and ripped it from his jacket lapel? It was rather a 'double wammy' although by then the 'end slide' failure didn't really matter Laughing

Yes, there was another missing graphic sometime last week as well - but at the start of the forecast rather than the end
NA
nat210790
Who's the bloke presenting the weather overnight on the BBC NC tonight? Another new presenter or is he from the regions covering somebody?
TE
tellywatcher
nat210790 posted:
Who's the bloke presenting the weather overnight on the BBC NC tonight? Another new presenter or is he from the regions covering somebody?

Simon King - joined a couple of months back, in August IIRC. He has been cropping up more on the News Channel over the past week though.

Newer posts