The Newsroom

The NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

Suzanne Virdee's sudden departure from BBC Midlands (September 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Extremely odd - one can only imagine that they thought by running the interview people would come to the conclusion that it wasn't Les who was being awkward.

They've acheived quite the opposite really.
LO
Londoner
61 jobs to go at Central in Brum and Nottingham:
http://www.birminghammail.net/2008/09/30/jobs-axed-in-central-shake-up-97319-21930088/
MW
Mike W
Londoner posted:

Front page of Mail(Central City final)
SL
Slugpuppy
Slugpuppy posted:
Does anyone know if its correct that Anna Brees has left Central West? She hasn't been on for ages, mostly sems to be Annette Finch now. Over on TSCelebs someone says she's now on the South Coast - not sure if that means Meridian or BBC Confused:

Nice to see Jenny Wivell presenting a little more often Smile

O.K. so I'm answering my own question but others might be interested:- Anna Brees is presenting on BBC South Today now - she did the breakfast bulletins this morning.
With the ITV regional cuts it appears to be a good move?
WE
Westy2
noggin posted:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2008/sep/26/radio

It appears that the Les Ross interview with Hardeep was pre-recorded, and they decided to run it anyway? Stranger and stranger... Did they think that Les came out of it well?

Things are going strange at BBC WM.

You never would got this a few years ago!

Some people might say the rot set in, when they got rid of Malcolm Boyden!

Is there anyway of hearing online the Keith Beech / Doolan phone in from earlier this week as I've had connection problems (again, thanks a bunch Talk Talk!), & i'm unable to pick it up from the WM iPlayer menu, as it's gone past 24 hours?
MW
Mike W
Walking past ITV Central's Central Court yesterday to see next to the Central News at Six - Yes it still say's that! - Sat Van some grey looking panels with lines on them. I couldn't get my Viewty's camera to work, so there are no pictures but it looked like bits of a Central News/Tonight set. I also went up Bridge Street to find the CCTV system at Broad Street is controlled by Carlton Broadcasting, Central Court, B1 2JP. There is a sign that has Central Television on it by Alpha Tower which has been painted over also there was a sign on the Central carpark with a cake in the corner and it said "If you can read this you are going the wrong way". My friends want to buy the Central Carpark and Studios for paintballing (which is really fun)
CC
CC100
Shame Anna Brees has left- she was stunning on Central- fabulous legs!
HA
harshy Founding member
Beep posted:
Walking past ITV Central's Central Court yesterday to see next to the Central News at Six - Yes it still say's that! - Sat Van some grey looking panels with lines on them. I couldn't get my Viewty's camera to work, so there are no pictures but it looked like bits of a Central News/Tonight set. I also went up Bridge Street to find the CCTV system at Broad Street is controlled by Carlton Broadcasting, Central Court, B1 2JP. There is a sign that has Central Television on it by Alpha Tower which has been painted over also there was a sign on the Central carpark with a cake in the corner and it said "If you can read this you are going the wrong way". My friends want to buy the Central Carpark and Studios for paintballing (which is really fun)

i thought it was demolished Confused
WE
Westy2
Danny Kelly is seriously doing my head in!

This morning, the 915am traffic report mentioned flooding in Walsall in a location where it wasn't possible, so I corrected them by text.

Did they take a blind bit of notice ?

Did they ******* ! Evil or Very Mad

'Travel you can trust!'

What ******* !

If they had the info from the local plod, they should know better!

Oh & for the 2nd week running, the previous weeks Saturday football report was played by mistake. (Wolves won last week, but lost this week!)
TE
tellywatcher
harshy posted:
Beep posted:

i thought it was demolished Confused

It's currently in the process of being demolished, but due to some setbacks it has been put on hold for a while. The entrance (which can be seen in this picture, below the Alpha Tower) is now gone, leaving just the studios still standing.
MW
Mike W
If the bloomin camera worked I would have taken a few snaps.
MI
mizzb
CC100 posted:
Shame Anna Brees has left- she was stunning on Central- fabulous legs!

Pleasant person but no outstanding distinguishing features about her , perhaps a bit of an Anne Adaptor type presenter. I'll see if she does adapt to that desert in the oasises of local news South Today.

Newer posts