The Newsroom

James Dagwell

now on BBC News overnights (August 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PS
PadSpin
I know he's still quite new in this slot but I'm finding him a bit annoying compared to the consumate presenter Alastair Yeates.

What thoughts do any of you have on the matter? Confused:
JW
JamesWorldNews
Where should I go for my vacation this year??? Anyone got any ideas? I am thinking about either Switzerland (Geneva, perhaps) or New York (just because I have never been and would love to see it).

I have only got 3 days that I can take. Would welcome your suggestions, chaps and chapesses!

Wink
IT
itsrobert Founding member
PadSpin posted:
I know he's still quite new in this slot but I'm finding him a bit annoying compared to the consumate presenter Alastair Yeates.

I haven't seen him presenting overnights yet but from what I've seen of his style on that entertainment programme he does, I wouldn't have thought he'd transfer very well to serious news presenting. He's definitely suited to the lighter entertainment stuff though - imo he does a good job with that.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
PadSpin posted:
I know he's still quite new in this slot but I'm finding him a bit annoying compared to the consumate [sic] presenter Alastair Yeates.

What exactly do you mean by "annoying"? Threads like this are a waste of time unless you're prepared to define what it is you expect from a newsreader.

There. Those are my considered thoughts.
JR
jrothwell97
This man is a competent newsreader, with good delivery and ad-libbing skills, and there is, therefore, no reason for this thread to exist.

Just my thoughts on this matter.
:-(
A former member
Is he the camp one?

If so, yes he's a decent newsreader but I find his mannerisms off-putting.
AC
aconnell
Perhaps this thread should close? It might grow into one similar to the Carrie Gracie thread.

Newer posts