The Newsroom

Euronews - "Everything is changing"

New look goes live (May 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
BBC World watcher posted:
Big white circle? Now where I have I seen that before? Ah yes! Central Independent Television's launch globe way back when.

Really? I find I've seen a lot of circles since then. Why, even the sun is a big white circle.
DA
Dave Founding member
Are they now broadcasting a 16:9 picture in a 4:3 frame?.... as I type I can see not (the bars don't go right to the edge of the picture!). It's a 4:3 picture with black bars at the top and bottom Confused

.... What's the point in this?

EDIT: Do like the North, South, East, West thing that moves to spell news, not very complex, but nice!
ST
stuartfanning
Because of the gap at the bottom of the picture, I wonder if they will be adding a ticker in due course.
BE
Ben Founding member
Funnily enough there appears to be a breaking news ticker over the bottom black band.

28 days later

CO
Connews
Just before the 2.30am broadcast BST they had a montage of old Euronews idents to the new music - how long has this been about?
RD
rdd Founding member
Connews posted:
Just before the 2.30am broadcast BST they had a montage of old Euronews idents to the new music - how long has this been about?

Since the relaunch - prior to the relaunch this would have been minus the new ident and with the early 1990s ITN Early Evening News music.
BA
bakamann
i wonder how will EuroNews Arabic looks like... when will it start to broadcast?
RD
rdd Founding member
theBlockerPH posted:
i wonder how will EuroNews Arabic looks like... when will it start to broadcast?

All language versions of Euronews have heretofore looked the same. Only the audio soundrack differs.

Normally I'd imagine this would be the case with Arabic, only the different alphabet and the right-to-left direction of text might mean different in this case. Even if that's the case, I'd imagine only the astons/captions would be different?
BA
bakamann
i guess they will still use the N-E-W-S and "No Comment" since i think all versions didn't change those.

26 days later

CO
cortomaltese
If what they wanted was to look the opposite of the American news channels and something unique for a channel that is itself unique, I think they've succeeded marvellously. It all looks wonderfully elegant, classy and somewhat very European.

57 days later

CO
Connews
Hiccup into 12.30am junction. No weather, news ident played twice. VT Editor falling asleep?
BU
burgess1
rdd posted:
theBlockerPH posted:

All language versions of Euronews have heretofore looked the same. Only the audio soundrack differs.

Normally I'd imagine this would be the case with Arabic, only the different alphabet and the right-to-left direction of text might mean different in this case. Even if that's the case, I'd imagine only the astons/captions would be different?

There's a different alphabet for Russian but they have the same visual stream as everywhere else.

Newer posts