Inflatable Dartboard
welshkid posted:
Dancing Girls on a news programme Mr Scott...never

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ymND4fySDzU

Laughing

I actually thought of this
PE
Pete Founding member
well no, you're trying to embed the actual page in the tag rather than just the video itself. you need to get the video url from keepvid or somewhere like that
NA
natewilson
South Today's set is dreadful Confused I really, really hate the "breakfast bar" with stools that is used at the start of the show (& in news bulletins). All the comfy sofa sets of ITV regions too I hate, news should be read from behind a desk! Laughing It looks far more professional...
JO
Joe
natewilson posted:
It looks far more professional...

But it's regional news, since when has is been professional?
CI
cityprod
Worst Set of the last decade: ITV News 1999-2004. Looked more akin to a gameshow set rather than a news set.

Worst News theme of the last decade: Five News 2005-2008. What kind of music was that?

Worst graphics of the last decade: Sky News 2001-2005. Too large, too many colours, too white, just too much.
PA
parrferris
I can't think of anything worse than the 2002 Westcountry Live revamp. The titles were pink and blue with random white ribbons streaming about, elongated shapes and indecipherable numbers zooming out, and a few live action 'people' images mixed in along the way. Just in case this bombardment wasn't enough, the whole thing does several little 'twists' which was actually enough to induce nausea. The set had multiple images based on this sequence relieved with peach and blue panels, plus (of course) Westcountry's famous brown sofa and a weird two-tone brown coffee table/desk - all absurdly busy in the tiny Langage studio. The graphics repeated the pink-blue-and-white-ribbons look which made the white text often quite inreadable.

Frankly, when the first corporate look came in it came as quite a relief - I wonder if that was the idea? Wink
RO
rob Founding member
The current South Today set looks awful. I'm assuming I'm not alone in saying this.
NA
nat210790
rfrancis51284 posted:
The current South Today set looks awful. I'm assuming I'm not alone in saying this.

You're not alone! Wink
I'm sure there are still some elements from the original 2000 set, with random lights, bits of blue and that horrible breakfast bar desk just chucked in now and again. Even the sofa area (which admittedly looks quite unintrusive) is beginning to look tatty.
RO
rob Founding member
parrferris posted:
I can't think of anything worse than the 2002 Westcountry Live revamp. The titles were pink and blue with random white ribbons streaming about, elongated shapes and indecipherable numbers zooming out, and a few live action 'people' images mixed in along the way. Just in case this bombardment wasn't enough, the whole thing does several little 'twists' which was actually enough to induce nausea. The set had multiple images based on this sequence relieved with peach and blue panels, plus (of course) Westcountry's famous brown sofa and a weird two-tone brown coffee table/desk - all absurdly busy in the tiny Langage studio. The graphics repeated the pink-blue-and-white-ribbons look which made the white text often quite inreadable.

I quite like that look, it was a welcome change from the dullness they were using before.
CH
chris
I have to say from what internet videos I've seen, Points West 2004 - 2008 appeared to have the worst title music in recent times. It sounded horrible.
BE
Ben Founding member
chris posted:
I have to say from what internet videos I've seen, Points West 2004 - 2008 appeared to have the worst title music in recent times. It sounded horrible.

Yes with that attempt to copy the pips used elsewhere on BBC News which I'm sure I remember someone here describing as the Susan Osman orgasm sound Confused

Newer posts