TV Home Forum

The CBBC Thread

Idents refreshed (July 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
tvarksouthwest on Digital Spy posted:
Now will the likes of Gavin Scott at TV Forum please understand why exactly I have been saying, and will continue to say, kick the drugs out of showbusiness?

A young actress kills herself on a drug overdose and that is one tragedy too many, but then for her heartbroken boyfriend to be found dead a week after going missing is chilling.

I hope everyone that works in television and showbusiness circles will take stock from these two needless wastes of life and start to realise that "the odd line of cocaine" as a pick-me-up can only end in tears.

RIP Mark and my condolences to his family.

So you drag my name into this tragedy by posting this on Digital Spy - a forum I do not participate in? Remove your reference to me at once.

How dare you use this event to get on your preaching soapbox and involve me.

You're a contemptible individual. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I call for the moderators and administrator to remove Simon L-uxton's name from the swear filter. If he chooses to use other's names in his putrid preaching I don't think he should be given the luxury of anonimity.
GR
gregmc
Gavin, with all due respect, there was no need to post this in the thread. It could have easily been discussed in Private Messages. This topic is for discussion of CBBC and not individuals.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
gregmc posted:
Gavin, with all due respect, there was no need to post this in the thread. It could have easily been discussed in Private Messages. This topic is for discussion of CBBC and not individuals.

Greg, I am entitled to voice my objection as publicly as Simon L-uxton has chosen to bang his drum of condemnation. I am extremely disturbed at what is being implied by in the reference to me - as if I'm some pro-drugs campaigner.

I am replying here, openly, as I consider it important. But for Simon's actions I would have made no comment at all.
TV
tvarksouthwest
I'm not rising to it, Hymagumba.
NI
Nini
Ah, go on.
AS
Asa Admin
Gavin Scott posted:
I call for the moderators and administrator to remove Simon L-uxton's name from the swear filter. If he chooses to use other's names in his putrid preaching I don't think he should be given the luxury of anonimity.

I am going to make the point publicly as well as privately Gavin that this is NO PLACE for discussing your continuing, increasingly tedious issues with Simon. I find it deeply annoying that you've used this place, and this thread in particular considering tonight's news to use with your views, quoting a post on another site.

You know full well you could have contacted myself or the mods privately about the filter, contacted Simon in person about the post, or the Digitalspy management about it.

It's coming across as attention seeking and inciting a flame war and I won't allow threads to be continued to be derailed because of it.

You want to moan about Simon - use your own bloody forum.
BE
benriggers
I Hope CBBC don't bring Back Smart now that Mark Has Gone.

I think Kirsten & Mark were a great team on Smart. it wouldn't work if it was Kirsten & that amercian guy.
SP
Sput
Gavin Scott posted:
How dare you use this event to get on your preaching soapbox and involve me.

You're a contemptible individual. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Mod edit - image removed. "Posts should not divert the natural flow of a topic, taking it significantly off-topic. This includes nitpicking the spelling and grammar of posts, as well as the posting of random images which have the same effect to a topic."
PE
Pete Founding member
Asa posted:
You want to moan about Simon - use your own bloody forum.

that would be the closed forum that simon removed himself from after he moaned about him too much for his liking?
TC
TCOTV
-
JO
Joe
Don't randomly advertise things that most of the forum will not be interested in.
BE
Ben Founding member
At least it moved things on from Simon which was arguably more off topic.

Newer posts