Media Websites

Channel 4 on iTunes

(March 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JR
jrothwell97
Some Channel 4 programmes have appeared on iTunes - namely the more popular ones such as Shameless , Peep Show , Monarchy et al.

Like the BBC programmes, they're £1.89 a piece. I haven't bought one, but (mysteriously) they will be available one day after transmission, when they would still be on 4OD. Presumably the idea is to give you a version to watch and keep?
PA
paul_hadley
£1.89 per episode? Seems a bit steep.
BR
Brekkie
And very steep compared to what American's have to pay for their content.

So does this mean an end then to having the entire back catalogue of most of them series available for free on 4oD?
JR
jrothwell97
Brekkie posted:
So does this mean an end then to having the entire back catalogue of most of them series available for free on 4oD?

I assume the idea is to give you a copy that is 'yours' and not streamed from the Internet: eg you can stick it on your iPod and take it on a train. A bit like selling a DVD as well as repeating the programme on TV.
DV
DVB Cornwall
I bought for sampling purposes a Robin Hood episode, when BBC content became available, and was impressed. If they can get AppleTV selling this sort of content will be great for it. It's reasonably cheap for owned product imo.

Newer posts