TV Home Forum

Sport relief

some one donates 5.5 million (March 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
There's far too much dancing on BBC1

At least with The X Factor its on and then it finishes and that's it. Strictly Come Dancing seems to have a spin off or a special every other week
PT
Put The Telly On
Agreed. I also can't stand the way Tess Daly says "couples = copples" but thats nothing.
BR
Brekkie
Opted to record it all and just speed through the dross tomorrow - saving me about 5 and a half hours I imagine!

Nothing at all appealed to me in tonight's schedule, and the build up programmes haven't been spectacular.

Celebrity Apprentice annoys me as like last year it's the one show with just one sacking - surely a series across the week would be better.

And I think Strictly Come Dancing too would have worked better as a few special episodes as part of the lead up, rather than in the main show itself.

Also seems to have been no "celebrities in Africa" type programme which normally add so much more than just the films we see on the night. I think in 2006 they had a celebrity cricket team touring India.
AS
Asa Admin
Things going well tonight then. I take it the original plan was to do the handover to BBC Two as they did the other year but thanks to the cockup on 2 earlier this evening, the timing was out so they did a little filling before I guess being told they weren't going to wait for BBC Two to turn up after all? Sport Relief on 2 being introduced over a static Sunroof.

Then the Rugby slide not turning up either. Whoops.
FA
fanoftv
Jugalug posted:
Any idea if this'll be on the iPlayer?

They're broadcasting it live via the Sport relief website, though whether they put it all on iplayer is anyones guess. They may air highlights though.
MS
Mr-Stabby
Could the audience in Sport Relief be any less enthusiastic? How many times tonight have they had to be prompted to applause or cheer?

And i didn't realise just how much Hammond CAN'T present outside of Top Gear.
GR
gregmc
Asa posted:
Things going well tonight then. I take it the original plan was to do the handover to BBC Two as they did the other year but thanks to the cockup on 2 earlier this evening, the timing was out so they did a little filling before I guess being told they weren't going to wait for BBC Two to turn up?

Then the Rugby slide not turning up either. Whoops.

BBC Two had a frozen ident too by the looks of things. Unrelated but it added to the bodged handover, the headline bed on the ten failed to play and instead was just faded up.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Mr-Stabby posted:
Could the audience in Sport Relief be any less enthusiastic? How many times tonight have they had to be prompted to applause or cheer?

And i didn't realise just how much Hammond CAN'T present outside of Top Gear.

And how annoying Davina is
JO
Jon
It seems the connection with BBC SPORT is not really there any more the annual Ray Stubbs humiliating feature isn't there.
BE
Ben Founding member
I think we might end up with Comic Relief going yearly. Tonight seems to be mainly about show as many special versions of BBC 1 shows as you can, not much live stuff going on, who can blame the audience for lack of enthusiasm.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Beckham CSO'd too at the start of BBC One pt2.
BH
BillyH Founding member
Top Gear doing Ground Force was funny (or 'Top Garden Ground Gear Force' or whatever they called it). I don't believe for a moment that it was real, given that they literally had Steve Redgrave coming back to find his garden in flames with a huge truck crashed in the middle of it, but it was fun in a bizarre sort of way.

Apart from the fact that Steve Redgrave happens to be a rower, though, the sport connection was very tenuous! It could have come straight out of last year's Comic Relief.

Newer posts