The Newsroom

Heathrow Boeing 777 Crash Landing - News Coverage

(January 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Watching live coverage on BBC World / 24 and CNNI. Handled well in the main. Both outlets appeared to have anchors and reporters on the scene almost immediately.

Amroliwala mediocre, however Louise Minchin handling well. Jon Sopel now anchoring live.

What are ITN and Sky doing?
SE
Seb
All the info is in the respective threads Wink
JW
JamesWorldNews
CNNI has Richard Quest on the scene.

As for the comments over on the N24 thread, I believe Sopel handled the TOTH well considering the background noise from moving aircraft.

Amroliwala inane questions to a "survivor": "Do you feel lucky?"
SE
Seb
he forgot to say punk Laughing
BR
Brekkie
It really is a non-news story. You could see the disapointment on Kay Burley's face when it was realised it wasn't a terrorist attack, and there were no fatalities!
JW
JamesWorldNews
A passenger aircraft inexplicably falling out of the sky IS very much a news story.
DO
don1977
Brekkie Boy posted:
It really is a non-news story. You could see the disapointment on Kay Burley's face when it was realised it wasn't a terrorist attack, and there were no fatalities!

THAT IS TERRIBLE! .....made me laugh though Shocked
MA
Markymark
Brekkie Boy posted:

Well, it wasn't that far from falling directly on the roof of Sky themselves ! According to latest reports the plane was gliding in, having lost all electronic control and power.
MA
themagicmonkey
BBC WORLD posted:
A passenger aircraft inexplicably falling out of the sky IS very much a news story.

What a hysterical statement! It didn't fall out of the sky, it landed a bit too soon and skidded on its belly for a bit.
GM
nodnirG kraM
themagicmonkey posted:
What a hysterical statement! It didn't fall out of the sky, it landed a bit too soon and skidded on its belly for a bit.

Hysterical indeed .. won't somebody PLEASE think of the children??
JW
JamesWorldNews
Discuss the news coverage, please.
GM
nodnirG kraM
Certainly. At once. I'll get others this end to do the same.

Newer posts