TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing

(December 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mansoor
Tumble Tower posted:
mansoor posted:
Natasha Kaplinsky has already taken part in SCD and won.

Has she really? When did she take part in Strictly Come Dancing? I don't remember her ever taking part in it, but I'll have a look at the BBC site and/or Wiki to see if I can trace past contestants.

She took part in Series 1 back in the summer of 2004 and went on to win it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Come_Dancing#Series_1
BR
Brekkie
I think it's about time for a change of some sort.

How about rather than pro-am they went for celebrity couples, perhaps one new paired with one previous contestant.

Or even celebrities paired with the general public... Oh no! They've not been in EastEnders. We can't have them on TV now can we! Wink
PT
Put The Telly On
Lewis Hamilton will probably turn up on SCD next year.
JA
jamesmd
Brekkie Boy posted:
I think it's about time for a change of some sort.

How about rather than pro-am they went for celebrity couples, perhaps one new paired with one previous contestant.

Or even celebrities paired with the general public... Oh no! They've not been in EastEnders. We can't have them on TV now can we! Wink

I think you'll find that's what Strictly Dance Fever is/was for.

And your plan of two celebrities doesn't work, because it requires one dancer to choreograph the movement. Unless you're advocating that there should be one choreographer/dancer assigned to each couple?

Anyway, stop talking out of your anus, we've seen what happens when we put the general public on television. They're full of sh!t. Just watch the beautiful Big Brother, which I believe is coming into its 9th series this summer? Talk about milking a format!
PT
Put The Telly On
James Hall posted:

Anyway, stop talking out of your anus, we've seen what happens when we put the general public on television. They're full of sh!t. Just watch the beautiful Big Brother, which I believe is coming into its 9th series this summer? Talk about milking a format!

Hmm..

Big Brother will be terrible next year. It's become a boring predictable bitchfest and DESPERATELY needs a major revival.

As for putting the general public on television - I don't have a problem with it, so long as they just appear ONLY on the programme they've auditioned or been selected for. The fact is, if you're like me, you don't give a **** about seeing them in their own programme or as special guests on shows after they've had their "15 minutes of fame".

Unless of course, they are genuinely talented....unlike Chanelle whose only talent is.... looking like... Posh spice. Confused

48 days later

JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but on another well known TV entertainment website, there are reports that Ronnie Corbett may replace Bruce Forsyth as host of Strictly Come Dancing if Bruce decides to quit! Bruce apparently wants a well known household name to present the show. But there are concerns that with Tess Daly still on board, it may become the Little and Large show... Rolling Eyes

Surely Bruce can do a few more series yet? He always seems to do a few series of a programme, build up the audience figures, and then quit and leave the show "in good hands". And the particular programme never does as well again and will always be thought of as Bruce's show and why is this guy presenting it???

Examples include:-

Bruce Forsyth's Generation Game---->"left in good hands" to Larry Grayson.
You Bet!----->"left in good hands" to Matthew Kelly.
Bruce Forsyth's Generation Game----->"left in good hands" to Jim Davidson(!?)
Bruce's Price is Right----->taken over by Joe Pasquale (not left in good hands).
and now...
Strictly Come Dancing---->may be "left in good hands" to Ronnie Corbett.

Hopefully not. It won't be the same... Crying or Very sad
PT
Put The Telly On
I doubt this is true somehow but then again Bruce is 80 this year.
BR
Brekkie
Well at least if he quit now Vernon Kay is locked into ITV's golden handcuffs for a couple of years, so the BBC would have to look elsewhere.
JF
JamesyFish
Brekkie posted:
Well at least if he quit now Vernon Kay is locked into ITV's golden handcuffs for a couple of years, so the BBC would have to look elsewhere.

Phew! I couldn't cope with that **** ruining a decent show!
MA
Markymark
Juicy Joe posted:
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but on another well known TV entertainment website, there are reports that Ronnie Corbett may replace Bruce Forsyth as host of Strictly Come Dancing if Bruce decides to quit!

Blimey. I'd rather have Daniel Corbett presentuing SCD !
PT
Put The Telly On
Yeah cue cheesy "Nice to be here again isn't it Tess? Ahehheh" "And it's goodnight from her, and its goodnight from him"

Newer posts