Strictly Come Dancing

(December 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jenny Founding member
Andrew posted:
TG Lee posted:
623058 posted:
so how do there know who win this show 2 weeks in advance?

The winners of the two previous series, Darren Gough and Mark Ramprakash, will be competing against the four finalists from the latest series.

The ought to be good, with no references to who won.

Just like last year, and the year before.
MA
mansoor
Brekkie Boy posted:
The ratings aren't really up that much on a standard edition, and neither were The X Factor last week despite no direct Strictly competition.

Kind of suggests each show pretty much has it's own audience - and going head to head doesn't really matter hugely.

Anyhow - BBC milking it again with a Christmas Day episode and another special later in the week.

Interesting actually how despite all the flack ITV and C4 get for their reality shows, it's the BBC that have the reality formats on Christmas Day with both Strictly and Dragons Den on at 8.30pm.

(Talking of which, scheduling wise wouldn't Strictly be better off earlier in the evening, with Dr Who later?)

Incorrect, the show has averaged about 8.5 million so its up by over 2 million.

The 10.9 million for the main show, was SCD highest ever rating for the main show.
JA
jamesmd
Also I don't think it's fair for Brekkie to start slating the BBC for their reality formats, when his own channel of choice, C4, produces dreck like Big Brother (which, talking of milking it, starts its own potentially disastrous spinoff on Jan 3rd!).
DE
deejay
623058 posted:
02cashindavid posted:
Good old BBC, milking the format for as long as possible.

there did that years ago bring back this old show from the 70's and then selling to the world!

Hardly. Strictly Come Dancing is not even remotely similar to the original Come Dancing, which if you saw it again you'd probably wonder how it ever lasted on air for over 40 years! The SCD format is more or less entirely new, and the name was chosen I imagine as a nod to the BBC's hertiage in dance programme production rather than any similarity to the original series. As far as I know, the programme isn't known as Come Dancing anywhere else in the world, most territories use a name like Dancing with the Stars.
TT
Tumble Tower
I saw the Grand Final, albeit not live. Since I was doing something else Saturday evening, I recorded the main show and results show, then saw them Monday.

I'm so glad that Alesha & Matthew won, and Matt & Flavia were the runners up. In my opinion, Alesha was a better dancer than Matt.

Yesterday evening I watched the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special.
TT
Tumble Tower
Well now that Strictly Come Dancing is all over for 2007, what celebrities do you want to see in the 2008 series (if there is one, and I'm sure there will be).

Here goes.
Jon Bentley , Jason Bradbury and/or Suzi Perry from Five's The Gadget Show .
Pete Hillier from Boogie Beebies . Well that's not as bizarre as you think, this year they had Gethin from Blue Peter (which is also a BBC children's programme) and he made it to the semi-final.
Chris Jarvis
Terry Wogan
Fearne Cotton
Natasha Kaplinsky
Huw Edwards (BBC newsreader)
Jessica Garlick (she sang for UK in the 2002 Eurovision Song Contest, the UK's last entry to finish in the top five)
Chris Tarrant from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Cliff Richard
Vernon Kay
MA
mansoor
Tumble Tower posted:
Well now that Strictly Come Dancing is all over for 2007, what celebrities do you want to see in the 2008 series (if there is one, and I'm sure there will be).

Here goes.
Pete Hillier from Boogie Beebies . Well that's not as bizarre as you think, this year they had Gethin from Blue Peter (which is also a BBC children's programme) and he made it to the semi-final.
Chris Jarvis
Terry Wogan
Fearne Cotton
Natasha Kaplinsky
Jessica Garlick (she sang for UK in the 2002 Eurovision Song Contest, the UK's last entry to finish in the top five)
Cliff Richard
Vernon Kay

Natasha Kaplinsky has already taken part in SCD and won.
TT
Tumble Tower
mansoor posted:
Natasha Kaplinsky has already taken part in SCD and won.

Has she really? When did she take part in Strictly Come Dancing? I don't remember her ever taking part in it, but I'll have a look at the BBC site and/or Wiki to see if I can trace past contestants.

Anyway, what's the verdict on the others I suggested:

Chris Jarvis
Terry Wogan
Fearne Cotton
Cliff Richard
Vernon Kay
DA
David
Tumble Tower posted:

I liked to see one or all of the following...

Gary Glitter

Kate McCann

Michael Jackson

Professor Stephen Hawking

John Valecue (from Eastenders)

Natasha Kaplinsky (unlikely, I know).
TT
Tumble Tower
I've checked out the Wiki pages of the links you've quoted davidlees. I don't think so, somehow.
JO
Joe
Tumble Tower posted:
I've checked out the Wiki pages of the links you've quoted davidlees. I don't think so, somehow.

Why not? They all look reasonable to me.
DA
David
Tumble Tower posted:

Oh? It sounds like you know something I don't. You must work on the show. Give us the gossip then, who is going to be on the show in 2008?

Newer posts