The Newsroom

Pavarotti

(Media coverage) "World's Greatest" opera singer dead at 71. (September 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RM
Roger Mellie
miss hellfire posted:
So he's brown bread is he? Paul Potts nudges his way up a level.

I went to see Pav in concert once, the miserable git. He didn't like me joining in!

Ah well, least we know Mrs Pavorotti is getting this Christmas. A much smaller turkey Wink

Seriously though, he was tremendous opera singer-- a one-off.
DV
dvboy
BBC2 showed a Pavarotti concert at 7pm last night and I believe BBC1 showed one instead of the Prom last night also.
MH
miss hellfire
The 3 tenners are now only worth 20 quid.
TV
tvarksouthwest
dvboy posted:
I believe BBC1 showed one instead of the Prom last night also.

No, they showed an Arena special.
CA
calum141
His funeral is being shown on BBC N24 courtesy of RAI TG1 as on screen graphic displays and CNN.
AN
Andrew Founding member
dvboy posted:
BBC2 showed a Pavarotti concert at 7pm last night and I believe BBC1 showed one instead of the Prom last night also.

There was also a repeat of a South Bank Show on ITV1
NW
nwtv2003
Andrew posted:
dvboy posted:

Yep, although about 20 minutes late at 11.20pm or so, I think it was from, 1995 and left unedited, well from the first half an hour or so that I saw.
DV
dvboy
nwtv2003 posted:
Andrew posted:
dvboy posted:

Yep, although about 20 minutes late at 11.20pm or so, I think it was from, 1995 and left unedited, well from the first half an hour or so that I saw.

Late because of the rugby. That was last night, not the night before.

Didn't see the BBC1 show so didn't know it was Arena, just saw Pavarotti on the Sky EPG.
WI
william Founding member
Sky Arts (ch. 267) are showing his concert from Beijing in 1986 a couple of times tomorrow (Sunday) and then again on Monday.
SH
Showbizguru
I once went for a run around Pavarotti but fortunately I left a forwarding address behind.
RM
Roger Mellie
Showbizguru posted:
I once went for a run around Pavarotti but fortunately I left a forwarding address behind.

Placido Domengo, Jose Careras and Elton John are forming a group:
"Two Tenors and a Nine-Bob Note"

["That's 'post-modern homophobia' if you're offended" emoticon]
TV
tvarksouthwest
nwtv2003 posted:

Period LWT prodcap and original credits left intact. Shame Morse isn't afforded the same courtesy.

Newer posts