TV Home Forum

Shortland Street

(March 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Geezus, why are people so anti Shortland Street?

If you have nothing nice to say, then shut up!

And if Carlton do axe the show at the end of the summer (and how would you know that anyway), what crap are they going to put on instead??? More Guiness in the garden, or antiques crap? ooooo can't wait!
JE
Jez Founding member
I started a few threads on this forum for Shortland St and they have all died so I guess SS isnt popular on here.

I dont think people are anti SS just most of them couldnt care less about it.
A former member
I'd agree with that. It's not that I'm against it, it's just not my cup of tea. But then again neither is Casualty et al.

Isn't Doctors a good enough daytime replacement?
AB
ashley b Founding member
cragtek posted:

Don't be ridiculous, it's on the BBC so it must be crap and so can't possibly be a good enough replacement for SS. Wink
Isn't that right Jez?
JE
Jez Founding member
ashley b posted:
cragtek posted:

Don't be ridiculous, it's on the BBC so it must be crap and so can't possibly be a good enough replacement for SS. Wink
Isn't that right Jez?

Absolutely right Ashley Very Happy

I know people are'nt interested in SS which is why I dont talk about it as much as Corrie and HTV News cos I know other people are interested in those.
A former member
AJ83 posted:

And if Carlton do axe the show at the end of the summer (and how would you know that anyway), what crap are they going to put on instead??? More Guiness in the garden, or antiques crap? ooooo can't wait!

Agree.I find this soap more superior than dire regional stuff.

So shut up and put up,SS haters.
Last edited by A former member on 3 April 2003 12:25pm
A former member
Shortland Street is the best soap/drama there is and is the only thing I watch on itv 1.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Shortlandstreet posted:
Shortland Street is the best soap/drama there is and is the only thing I watch on itv 1.

You don't say.... Rolling Eyes
JE
Jez Founding member
AndyB2003 posted:
AJ83 posted:

Agree.I find this soap more superior than dire regional stuff.

So shut up and put up,SS haters.

Andy as ive said people on here dont hate SS they just dont care about the show either way.

And I wont hear a word against HTV Wales regional programmes Razz
except any of the antiques programmes like Prized Possessions -you can say what you like about that show.

I think the Samara storyline is dragging on too long and I cannot stand Adam Heywood either. And Donna has become a bit annoying - poking her nose into Toni's business - I suppose as she has not got a life of her own it makes it less obvious when she sticks her oar in where is clearly isnt wanted.

So id say the show is still good but not as good as 1997/1998/1999.
Last edited by Jez on 3 April 2003 6:43pm
A former member
I think it is as good as ever but as a Central viewer I have seen all the episodes and was gradually introduced to all the new cast unlike viewers in other regions, I've said it before and I will say it again a 3 day week for a 5 day show just does not work well, the stories don't flow right, in NZ you would want a cliffhanger ending on a friday to bring people back on the monday, here it is just all over the place, although I have to admit the show is pretty good at doing ending that want you to come back on anyday.
JE
Jez Founding member
Dont get me wrong I still like the show - It isnt actually *that* bad but is lacking something and it obviously hit its peak in the 1997/8/9 seasons. Ive been told that the show gets a lot worse by fans from New Zealand.

I think if I was given the choice I would go back to 1998 and see the eps that HTV skipped.
A former member
Well I think the show is still quality, I think I would go back to regional variations of Shortland Street if it meant it was on 5 days a week like it used to be or better yet network the current episodes on itv 1 and show classic episodes on itv2 Very Happy

Newer posts