TV Home Forum

SKY HD Promotion

(May 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
Stuart
From Sky: "Thanks for being one of the first"

Are Sky getting desperate now for HD customers? I received a mail-shot this morning inviting me to get an HD box for only £149 because they were thanking me for being with them since 1998.

They have more than 500,000 HD peeps already, which is ahead of their target. Seems a bit quick to be offering deals.

How about removing the £10 I now have to pay for Sky+ because I cancelled the Movie option as a disgruntled customer instead?

They also offered me a v3 Sky+ Box so I could get Sky Anytime for the "cut-down-price" of £79. The v2 I have only cost me £49. Methinks it's time to threaten to cancel AGAIN!
PE
Pete Founding member
The bf cancelled Sky the other day after falling in love with Virgin Media.

The indian man said he would "put you through to my collegue" at which point he was magically transferred to London where he was offered a massive discount, Sky+ free for a year with no box charges and at the very end the question "is there anything I can give you to make you stay".

By this point however he was having far too much fun dismissing the man than actually considering Sky at all.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I got the same letter... they're trick works. Their generousity is making me cave in Rolling Eyes
ST
Stuart
Hymagumba posted:
.... offered a massive discount, Sky+ free for a year with no box charges and at the very end the question "is there anything I can give you to make you stay".

Mmmm, how long had he been with Sky? Perhaps he could ring up for me, I'll settle for removal of the Sky+ surcharge and a free v3 box.

Larry the Loafer posted:
I got the same letter... they're trick works. Their generousity is making me cave in Rolling Eyes

You mad fool!!!!! Remember you have to fork out for an "HD Ready" TV at considerable cost, unless you already have one. Personally I can't see the attraction of HD Shocked
LL
Larry the Loafer
StuartPlymouth posted:
Larry the Loafer posted:
]I got the same letter... they're trick works. Their generousity is making me cave in Rolling Eyes

You mad fool!!!!! Remember you have to fork out for an "HD Ready" TV at considerable cost, unless you already have one. Personally I can't see the attraction of HD Shocked

Already have a HDTV Wink though the feeling of generousity is wearing off now...
OV
Orry Verducci
StuartPlymouth posted:
Mmmm, how long had he been with Sky? Perhaps he could ring up for me, I'll settle for removal of the Sky+ surcharge and a free v3 box.:

I doubt you will get a free PVR3 box, all the free ones given out tend to be 'Grade A' boxes, which generally means PVR2. Also, apparently Sky recently cracked down on people threatening to cancel just to get free stuff, so it is more difficult to get free stuff out of them now.

Newer posts