TV Home Forum

Analouge broadcasters Presentation

[Was:BBC and ITV Breakdown Captions] [See Pg. 8] (January 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JS
Janner south west
back on breakdowns, how often does the BBC and ITV change it's music? Is it made for them or on a magazine?
JO
Johnny83
Janner south west posted:
back on breakdowns, how often does the BBC and ITV change it's music? Is it made for them or on a magazine?

On a magazine? Do they still do Musac Monthly then Wink

I presume they just use some library music as it's easier to get hold of
JS
Janner south west
Johnny83 posted:

On a magazine? Do they still do Musac Monthly then :wink :

I presume they just use some library music as it's easier to get hold of

What i ment by magazine was do they produce the music on CD magazines and pick stuff of it Wink Laughing
IS
Inspector Sands
NewsUpdate posted:
dbl you should havefer those to ITV, they look good

They're captions generated at the transmitters so you probably will see them on ITV
JS
Janner south west
Ok, what does C4's Breakdown slide look like? I don't think it's ever been seen Shocked the last notable C4 breakdown was their Horseferry road HQ was taken down by a gas leak, back in '01.

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/main01.jpg

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/main02.jpg

the only abnormal things to be broadcast were these two VT clocks.

So have their been any occurences where C4 may have show it or would want to discuss it ??
TV
tvarksouthwest
Ok, what does C4's Breakdown slide look like? I don't think it's ever been seen Shocked

Probably because, I don't think they've ever had one. Programme slides were always used in the event of problems, even just a few years ago, but I don't know what the policy is now.
DB
dbl
tvarksouthwest posted:
Ok, what does C4's Breakdown slide look like? I don't think it's ever been seen Shocked

Probably because, I don't think they've ever had one. Programme slides were always used in the event of problems, even just a few years ago, but I don't know what the policy is now.

Programme slides are sooo pre-90's though. I believe C4 use the "Programmes Begin Shortly" animated caption.
JS
Janner south west
i know E4's was a 'Programmes begin shortly' slide, probably the same
JS
Janner south west
I have changed the thread title to make it more general.

Today i was thinking, the BBC launched its [B][B][C] Logo back in 1997.

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/.gif

It's been 10 years for that logo, and i sort of think it needs to be changed. The slanted box logo of the 90's only lasted for 7 years and so did the corporate logo that in '85!

On the other hand ITV can't keep a corportate look for more than 3 or 4 years!

Don't you think it's time for the BBC to rethink their corporate logo??
LL
Larry the Loafer
dbl posted:

Looks very 70s/80s BBC there.
JO
Jonny

Today i was thinking, the BBC launched its [B][B][C] Logo back in 1997.

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/.gif

It's been 10 years for that logo, and i sort of think it needs to be changed. The slanted box logo of the 90's only lasted for 7 years and so did the corporate logo that in '85!

On the other hand ITV can't keep a corportate look for more than 3 or 4 years!

Don't you think it's time for the BBC to rethink their corporate logo??

Short answer: no. It's still modern and doesn't look tired so why change it? And remember, both BBC channels have just rebranded with the present logo so surely this means it's going to be around for a while yet?

IMO it would look good if it had a glassy/glossy effect but I think it looks fine as it is now TBH.
AN
Ant
I notice this thread has been renamed 'Analoge broadcasters Presentation'.

That's a bit general for a popular TV presentation forum, isn't it?

Newer posts