(March 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Jez posted:
Latest from Border

Quote:
Hi Jeremy

I'm afraid there could be a number of reasons why Shortland Street is nearing the end of its contract on Border, but I cannot give you a specific reason.
However, I can tell you that the last episode will be number 1877.

Thanks.

Linda
DUTYOFFICER
GMG Viewer Enquiries
0870 CALL ITV
0870 2255 488

That'll be "Linda Green" again then!

Thats the same thing she said when I asked why YTV were showing 4 hours of ITV Nightscreen
JE
Jez Founding member
I sent an e-mail to SPP publicist asking for info on the show and they have sent me some info plus some SS star cards for the following characters - Rachel Mckenna, Nick Harrison, Waverly Wilson, Matt, Mcallister Donna Heka, Adam Heywood, Barb Heywood, Marshall Heywood, Toni Thompson, Victor Kahu, Tehana Hudson, Tama Hudson, Delphine Greenlaw and Anne Greenlaw.

If any SS fans want to get info the address can be found on the Shortland St UK website or official SS website.
:-(
A former member
Yes SPP are very good with the fans and always respond, they do a great job down there in NZ.
A former member
Gareth Attrill posted:
cragtek posted:
AndyB2003 posted:

Quincy sucks.It's on all the time.

Maybe that's because it's good, unlike Shortland Street which 95% of people turn off as soon as it comes on. Truly ****-poor stuff.

When I was a stewed-ant I used to be around when it was on - I was thinking of keeping a record of all the episodes I hadn't seen but I never got around to it.

I did a screensaver to - I think it's still around for download here.

I meant to update it with an MP3 theme - perhaps I'll make some time this week to freshen it up.

Gareth

Wow! Brilliant! Did you ever see the "Plane Crash Special" one? I've seen a couple of Diagnosis Murder's with Jack Klugman (Quincy) cameos lately too. Great stuff.
JE
Jez Founding member
Did you know that Shortland Street was only ever intended as a working title for the show - originally the show was to be called Heartbeat but that was already taken by the UK show. So they decided on Shortland St which is the name of the street where the studios are.

Just thought id mention that cos I read it a while ago in a magazine
A former member
Jez posted:
I received an e-mail from Border this morning re Shortland Street.

Quote:
Thanks for your message regarding Shortland Street. Unfortunately this programme is indeed nearing the end of it's contract,the final episode of which will be shown on Wednesday 26th March '03.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us, if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards
Karen

Looks like its just the Carlton regions who will be showing SS from now on. The final episode on Border will be litterely weeks before the would have reached the 1999 finale.

Carlton are also planning to drop Shortland Street, probably towards the end of the summer, as it is performing so badly in the ratings.

Its even dropped dramatically in Central, where it previously did relatively well.

Guess this is the first nail in the coffin for the show in the UK (well until UK Living or Hallmark buy it)
A former member
Quote:
Carlton are also planning to drop Shortland Street, probably towards the end of the summer, as it is performing so badly in the ratings.

Its even dropped dramatically in Central, where it previously did relatively well.

Where did you hear this?
JE
Jez Founding member
ColonelRed posted:
Jez posted:
I received an e-mail from Border this morning re Shortland Street.

Quote:
Thanks for your message regarding Shortland Street. Unfortunately this programme is indeed nearing the end of it's contract,the final episode of which will be shown on Wednesday 26th March '03.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us, if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards
Karen

Looks like its just the Carlton regions who will be showing SS from now on. The final episode on Border will be litterely weeks before the would have reached the 1999 finale.

Guess this is the first nail in the coffin for the show in the UK (well until UK Living or Hallmark buy it)

Well I wouldnt be suprisedif it was axed TVH - But why the hell network it on Carlton if they want rid of it - They could have just let HTV carry on with 1998/9 eps rather than make us get used to an almost complete new cast and then axe it again
JE
Jez Founding member
There will be no episode of Shortland St on Wednesday 9th April due to the budget
A former member
The show is doing badly but given the timeslot what do Carlton expect, however they are sticking with it and will begin promos over Easter to try and boost viewers.
JE
Jez Founding member
Shortlandstreet posted:
The show is doing badly but given the timeslot what do Carlton expect, however they are sticking with it and will begin promos over Easter to try and boost viewers.

Where did you hear they are doing more promos
A former member
www.shortlandstreet.co.uk
Last edited by A former member on 31 March 2003 1:49pm

Newer posts