Media Websites

TV F6rum

(March 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
Happy Birthday, I will have been on the Forum for 6 Years this november, although I was originally 'stegranadaitv1' when I joined, how young I was. I was hovering around for months on here too, only because I used to visit TV Home alot too.
WH
Whataday Founding member
itsrobert posted:
I remember that TV Forum launched just as I got back from a school trip to Belgium. Just before I left, the IRA bomb hit the BBC. I'd been a follower of TV Home for about 6 months by that point, and as soon as I got home, I signed up to the new forum (which was at www.tvhome.co.uk/forum in those days). I can't believe that we're still going strong after 6 years. Sadly, many of the original March 2001 members have long since gone, but there are still some of us around. Happy birthday, TV Forum.

I feel so old... I remember the UKTV site which then became UK Television, and then TV Home... so i recall...
AN
Ant
For some reason I put off joining for about a year back in late 2001/early 2002. I seem to remember coming across a links page on The TV Room linking to here.

It makes you think - what would our lives be like now if TVF or Metropol weren't around? Maybe living a life, perhaps.
DA
DAS Founding member
I cannot believe it's been six years - it still only seems like the internet's been around for a few minutes, yet when I start working out percentages of my entire life it begins to freak me out somewhat.
MA
Matt Founding member
Whataday posted:
I feel so old... I remember the UKTV site which then became UK Television, and then TV Home... so i recall...

Ditto, i've been around since the UK Television days too. Seems like just yesterday that Asa announced the re-brand of BBC Choice to BBC Three on the homepage!

Six years! Blimey. Well done Asa - there aren't many sites that have stuck around that long!
BH
BillyH Founding member
SIX years?! Wow.

I know I say this every year (maybe) but I remember being amazed at this forum when I joined it back on the 26th May that year (thank you, Web Archive), it was the busiest forum I'd ever seen. I remember seeing a thread about BBC News 24 being on 14 pages, and thinking that was absolutely massive!

I don't post here as much as I used to...by early 2002-ish I'd made over 1000 posts, although most of these were utterly pointless due to me being 12. God, was I really? Wow, 12 when I registered and 18 now! But yeah, it's still a fun place despite some troublemakers.

Here's to the next six years!
BA
Bail Moderator
Asa posted:
Bail posted:
I can say from memory I was within the first 50 members to sign up.

The old forum software didn't assign a user id so I can't work that out but on a very old random backup of the data, I did find your joining date - Friday 30 Mar 2001, making you very likely to be within the first 50!

Not sure if I should be proud of that or not... Very Happy
PC
Philip Cobbold
Wow that means I've been here for five years now - I joined up just after the dancers were introduced on BBC One. How time has flown.
DA
DAS Founding member
BillyH posted:
I know I say this every year (maybe) but I remember being amazed at this forum when I joined it back on the 26th May that year (thank you, Web Archive)...

How did you do that out of interest? I can see my name alongside all the old favourites but can't read any posts or see any member details.
PT
Put The Telly On
Happy Birthday TVF. The Best TV Forum around. Oh.. imo. Wink
BA
Bail Moderator
I'm very bored this evening: Enjoy

(It's meant to be in the style of the original Jamez one)
ST
SillyTilly
Happy Birthday TV FORUM.

Newer posts