TV Home Forum

Wogan paid for hosting 'Children In Need'

(March 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JC
JCB
Apparently since 1990 Terry Wogan has being paid a fee of £9,065 to host 'Children In Need'.(believed to be even more now) The BBC have said they're "not ashamed" and Wogan himself has said he'd "quite happily do it for free" (yet hasn't since 1990). Rolling Eyes

I've lost a bit of respect for him. It seems all he does these day's is whinge about how much TV stars are being paid in these golden handcuff deals. All the while he's is paid to front a charity telethon - the only star to receive a fee.

On the other hand you could argue that anyone who is involved in the sleep-inducing CIN deserves to be paid. Laughing
BA
Banksoriginal
Of course they all get paid gawd i've known that for years.

It's like the Live8 concert - they all walked away with 'goodie bags' worth thousands.
BR
Brekkie
On the surface it's appalling - but on the other hand he does have to work with both Kaplinsky and Cotton - surely a pay rise is in order!
LL
Larry the Loafer
Do Comic Relief presenters get paid too? Or it just Wogan?

By the way, off topic, but why does Comic relief only happen every two years? IMO it does alot more then CIN, and has a better telethon.
BR
Brekkie
Larry the Loafer posted:
Do Comic Relief presenters get paid too? Or it just Wogan?

By the way, off topic, but why does Comic relief only happen every two years? IMO it does alot more then CIN, and has a better telethon.

... because it is on every two years.

That's the difference - CiN always feels like a repeat of last year's telethon, but each Comic Relief is truly unique.
GE
Gareth E
Of course Comic Relief now alternates with Sport Relief each year.
:-(
A former member
there nothing special about sport that only a couple one hour programme during a week
TI
tightrope78
623058 posted:
there nothing special about sport that only a couple one hour programme during a week

Sport Relief last year was a full night telethon!!
A former member
REALLY Shocked

I never know that!
TI
tightrope78
623058 posted:
REALLY Shocked

I never know that!

YES! And tens of thousands of people ran the mile last year (me included). It's becoming a major telethon in it's own right now.
A former member
I know about the mile.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I'm not surprised in the slightest that Terry Wogan gets paid for CIN. After all, it is his job!

Newer posts