The Newsroom

BBC News 24

(January 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Asa Admin
After over two years and 5000 posts (many in the past few weeks!), it's probably best the existing thread is archived and we begin a new thread with the refreshed graphics tomorrow.

This thread will open shortly before 8.30am when the existing thread will be closed.

Cheers, Asa
BA
bilky asko
Remember, 61124!
ST
stu20_ml2
Im liking it so far! Music is much improved!
BA
Bail Moderator
Images removed, you're eating up all my bandwidth. Sorry.
HA
Hazzamon
Ooh, shiny! Smile

EDIT: Is it just me, or did the headline bed sound much more like the countdown music?
BB
bbc140
MO
Moz
Hmmm, it's OK....

Good points: Graphics animations, cleaner shinier graphics, no big lump of a tower there all the time, the bottom line is far better

Bad points: Live/location too big and lumpy, loss of double height headline which I liked, things still don't seem to line up to the exact pixel, it's a bit too similar to Sky's!!!

Any breaking news yet? Will the double height BREAKING NEWS/Headline return for that?
BA
bilky asko
I hope the globe will explode onto the screen for Breaking News... The graphics are so detailed you can see my house on there!
HA
Hazzamon
Moz posted:
Any breaking news yet? Will the double height BREAKING NEWS/Headline return for that?
Possibly, seeing as the correspondent/footage split-screen (whatever it's called!) hasn't been lowered to meet the headline strap.
MO
Moz
Hazzamon posted:
Moz posted:
Possibly, seeing as the correspondent/footage split-screen (whatever it's called!) hasn't been lowered to meet the headline strap.

Well observed!!!
HA
Hazzamon
I would like the breaking news animation to be Peter Sissons driving a Pimpmobile full of lady newsreaders & weathergirls across the screen - but I fear I may be far too optimistic and/or mental Sad
MO
Moz
bbc140 posted:

Great Captures

bbc140

Please ban him/her, please, please please!!!

No only have they quoted images which appear pixels above (one of the ultimate sins) they've not even made a constructive comment!

Arse!

Newer posts