TV Home Forum

BBC One

Up to Shorter idents (December 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DG
Dan Gooding
I thought BBC one needed a general discussion thread as there are somethings which end up in threads like the christams one which shouldn't.
The Dracula trailer aired for the first time today, i think, and when the endboard animated on there was blood in the background. The first use of a "theme" for the trailers since october i think?
BR
Brekkie
Knowing the BBC then that'll get axed in a few days following complaints about it upsetting the children!
PC
Paul Clark
From what I've seen I don't think there's anything shocking about it really, just slightly darker in tone than the norm; made sense to theme the design appropriately though, given the abundance of red.
CH
chris
There was no "sparkles" on the promo. How odd!

31 days later

MA
Markymark
Heard on BBC 1 tonight at 19:00hrs

"......on BBC4 "Abdication : A Very British Coop"

I see standards of literacy are alive and well at Ree Bee.
MB
Mark Boulton
Markymark posted:

Yeah, that made me cringe too! Rolling Eyes
MA
Markymark
Mark Boulton posted:
Markymark posted:

Yeah, that made me cringe too! Rolling Eyes

Perhaps it's just as well ITV hold the contract for F1 Surprised
BR
Brekkie
Notice on today's Panorama's trailers they've been using the Panorama logo on the endcaps, with the famous globe circle forming the "O".
DA
David
As well as the coop/coup cock up there was silence going in to EastEnders on BBC One England tonight.

Off Topic: I was sad enough to turn over to BBC Four after I heard the coup/coop mistake. I wanted to see how BBC Four pronounced it. Imagine my surprise to see BBC Three being shown on BBC Four. This was replaced with a BBC Four fault caption a few seconds after I turned over which in turn gave way for Abdication: A Very British Coup which started mid-sentence.
MA
Markymark
davidlees posted:
As well as the coop/coup cock up there was silence going in to EastEnders on BBC One England tonight.

Perhaps the continuity announcer had been sacked, and sent back to hospital radio, or better still, school.
NB
NerdBoy
Quote:
Perhaps the continuity announcer had been sacked, and sent back to school radio, or better still, hospital.
JO
Jonny
Just a quick note, i caught a premiership promo the yesterday and BBC One seem to have stopped using the red box at last! As it was a cross channel premiership promo they had the FiveLive logo bottom right, as per usual, but instead of finishing with a red box (or standard red endboard) it was simply MotD 10.30: BBC One and MotD2 10.45: BBC One (with the BBC One wrote in Gills Sans). So it looks like they've dropped that makeshift box Very Happy

Newer posts