Media Websites

ITV Launch New Forums

(December 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
pad
http://community.itv.com

Some of the designs (Look at Corrie's and then Soaps) are dodgy.
PR
Primetime
I noticed this the other day and I suppose its ok
NE
Netizen
A sub forum for every major show? That's going to get messy very quickly. Still, good to see some half decent forum software being used unlike C4's forums.
DB
dbl
It's half decent I suppose, I don't like VBulletin's cosmetic look, but at least it's a decent software.
MS
Mr-Stabby
Some may call it lazy, but i like the fact that they've used standard forum software which has been developed, tested and used for years as opposed to a lot of sites who insist on making their own to be unique. Proprietary forum software is usually rubbish.
PE
Pete Founding member
mbDNA for example
DI
thediaryroom
Ouch, vBulletin never looks particularly tidy. Maybe if they made it slightly thinner and had a white background "behind" the forums it'd look a bit nicer.

I much prefer eve community (which interestingly has gone back to its original name - after being "Groupee" for a while Rolling Eyes) for really big forums. Very Happy
OV
Orry Verducci
I have used vBulletin before (from the admin side of things) and it is extremely good software. It is fully feature packed, with some features other forum software can only dream about. It's just its visual appearance that lets it down, which is now starting to look dated. However, at the end of the day, the way the forum looks can be totally changed through it's templating system, it's just most people can't be bothered to put in the work to overhaul the way it looks.

Newer posts