The Newsroom

Central Tonight

(October 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CW
CentralWest
Idea I have just been thinking and wondering the past few days, why am I spending parts of my life on here worrying about the Central Tonight studio etc? Its just come to me, that I don't really giv a f^k.

From now on I am going to concentate my time on the things I should be doing rather than on this forum, and leave those good looking Central seats in the past and they can f*ck the studio for all I care. ITV news can look as fake as it wants, and Sky News can have as many lines as it wants.

So farewell my little telly fan friends and have a good 'en!

Message to mods, you can remove my Membership.

Moving forwards & Goodbye! Arrow Arrow
PE
Pete Founding member
you're meant to start a whole new thread about this, and insult the forum's clique for sabotaging your membership
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
CentralWest posted:
Idea I have just been thinking and wondering the past few days, why am I spending parts of my life on here worrying about the Central Tonight studio etc? Its just come to me, that I don't really giv a f^k.

From now on I am going to concentate my time on the things I should be doing rather than on this forum, and leave those good looking Central seats in the past and they can f*ck the studio for all I care. ITV news can look as fake as it wants, and Sky News can have as many lines as it wants.

So farewell my little telly fan friends and have a good 'en!

Message to mods, you can remove my Membership.

Moving forwards & Goodbye! Arrow Arrow

You're in denial. We all know your inner geek will always be infatuated in the evolution of the Central News seats.
RM
Roger Mellie
CentralWest posted:
Jez posted:
CentralWest posted:
Central West and East should swap studios, East's looks much better and has a better projection screen. Afterall, West is the most important region!

Why is West the most important? Just because Central is based in Birmingham not Nottingham?

Yes, it also has the biggest audience, better presenters, slightly larger studio, the home of ITV Central, in the UK's 2 city etc... and where Central continuity used to come from...

So that must mean that London Tonight is better and more important than Central News West Rolling Eyes Besides, Calendar is the best ITV regional news service according to some awards, but the Calendar region has a lower population than the CNW region I think.

CNW may have a bigger studio, but it can't get its lighting or seating right according to you-- so not much to boast about then.

It is a shame they had to close what was arguably the UK's best studio complex at Lenton Lane, otherwise CNE would have remained a good news service with its respected (now former) presenters at the helm.
SA
Salty Founding member
Thank **** for that. I'm sure everyone at Gas Street will be pleased that you have gotten over the chair fetish. Freak.
RM
Roger Mellie
Any Central Tonight insiders know why Dennis Coath was reading sport on CNE with the newsroom backdrop, rather than the Central Sport backdrop (plasma screen and green/blue background).

Call me sad, but these things intrigue me Laughing
BS
brotherton sands
Roger Mellie posted:
Call me sad

Okay, you're sad! Wink

----------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, though...

I saw the 22:50 Central News (West) for the first time in ages last night (Thurs 30th Nov). The "window" had yet another Birmingham backdrop I've not previously seen. It was of the Centenary Square type area, seemingly from a camera on the Birmingham Central Library rooftop, looking towards where the Birmingham Wheel used to be, and with that "Oxford-esque" looking small cylindrical building in the foreground.
RM
Roger Mellie
Work of Artifice posted:
Roger Mellie posted:
Call me sad

Okay, you're sad! Wink

----------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, though...

I saw the 22:50 Central News (West) for the first time in ages last night (Thurs 30th Nov). The "window" had yet another Birmingham backdrop I've not previously seen. It was of the Centenary Square type area, seemingly from a camera on the Birmingham Central Library rooftop, looking towards where the Birmingham Wheel used to be, and with that "Oxford-esque" looking small cylindrical building in the foreground.

Surprised I'd always thought I was sad Laughing

Seems funny how CNW always changes it's backdrop, bearing in mind that CNE only ever has had three Shocked
BS
brotherton sands
Roger Mellie posted:
Seems funny how CNW always changes it's backdrop, bearing in mind that CNE only ever has had three Shocked

But all of CNW's backdrops have been of Brum! Would be nice if some of the rest of the region could get a look-in! Rolling Eyes How about Worcester or Stafford or something, CNW?
TE
TELEVISION
Work of Artifice posted:
Roger Mellie posted:

But all of CNW's backdrops have been of Brum! Would be nice if some of the rest of the region could get a look-in! Rolling Eyes How about Worcester or Stafford or something, CNW?

I agree, it would be nice to have a bit of a variation. I remember when Border got the generic set and they said they would have a backdrop which encompassed the whole region. For the last year it has just been a backdrop of Carlisle!!! (And a pretty poor looking one too).
RM
Roger Mellie
Work of Artifice posted:
Roger Mellie posted:

True enough! Maybe you could email Dan Barton or centralnewswest@itv.com to raise this issue Cool

CNE has only ever had Nottingham or Leicester. How about Lincoln, that looks beautiful day and night. There are some good views in Derbyshire... Alport Height provides scenic rural views in daylight and at night the city lights of Derby can be seen clearly. Crich Stand would be good too-- panoramic at day, lit up at night (only Derbyshire folk would have a 'lighthouse' 80 miles away from the sea!)

I agree there are other worthy sites in the CNW region other than Brum. How about Warwick Castle? That must get floodlit at night? The Potteries could make a nice backdrop too Smile

Newer posts