TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Big week of storylines and Corrie in HD from Monday (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
stevek
granada hold onto their corry theme tune copyright like gold, even programmes on coronation street can't use it, they have to use that speeded up version.
SP
Spencer
stevek posted:
granada hold onto their corry theme tune copyright like gold, even programmes on coronation street can't use it, they have to use that speeded up version.

Although they did release the original theme on the ITV50 CD, so there's nothing stopping any broadcaster using it now. I guess there are so many dodgy cover versions around that we still tend to hear these much of the time.
DA
David_02
I agree with pad. I just think at the end of the episode there should be a bit of 'oomph' to it. Especially when it's a dramatic end. Emmerdale has done it brilliantly, and needless to say, EastEnders has always had that great effect with the 'duffas'. Overall, yes, the theme tune should remain the same, that's the only quibble I have with it.
:-(
A former member
I know this is in bad quality, but how does this sound...

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/newcorrie.mp3
DA
David_02
onetrickpony posted:

I think it's too drawn out. It sounds a bit odd as well - although that may be the sound quality. I think it should just be straight in with the theme tune, rather than it fading in.
BA
Banksoriginal
onetrickpony posted:

Sounds like one messed up Car/Van at the start,what's that meant to be?
A former member
Ah its a sweep from the KPM library thing, didnt come out right though.

More important then that, what the hell are you doing in here Laughing The Osama of EastEnders Fans has left the cage!
DA
David_02
onetrickpony posted:
More important then that, what the hell are you doing in here Laughing The Osama of EastEnders Fans has left the cage!

Very good. Laughing
BA
Banksoriginal
02cashindavid posted:
onetrickpony posted:

Very good. Laughing

Hahaha, my sides are splitting Confused
DA
David_02
Banksoriginal posted:
02cashindavid posted:
onetrickpony posted:

Very good. Laughing

Hahaha, my sides are splitting Confused

You should get that checked out.
A former member
Now then , now then Laughing

It is hard (for me personally) to do something with the Corrie tune. I think what might be better is incidental music - if thats what you call it, used on the last scenes which are dramatic, a bit like Neighbours.
BO
Bongo
Ritas foreign wafflle was humerous.
"Please Mind my friend, he has mental problems."

Plus also noticed the strategically placed newton & Ridley van behind Charlies van.

Newer posts