The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
Yes but it's million times better than Fox News Channel.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
ginnyfan posted:
Yes but it's million times better than Fox News Channel.

Indeed, I quite enjoyed watching CNN US while I was in Boston in September. Their alternative coverage of 9/11 was rather good.

Having said that, I prefer having CNN International. It would be good to have both CNN US and CNN International though.
SE
seamus
The content is just OK compared to CNNI. The graphics make me want to vomit though. It does give a different view on things though if your watching internationally.
AS
asiancutie123
how do u know im in brum? by the way so i take there is no way to get CNN US then which was the original question?
ED
edward
asiancutie123 posted:
how do u know im in brum? by the way so i take there is no way to get CNN US then which was the original question?

"Central West" = Birmingham

The 3 ways to receive CNN US in Europe is to work for the American Military to get access to it, which allows you to watch CNN US, Headline News, Fox News, Pentagon, and Air Force Intelligence streams.

The other way is to also be an American soldier, and watch portions of CNN USA, Fox News, MSNBC, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News on AFN.

The final way is to have a massive sized satellite dish and aim it at those american satellites.
SE
seamus
asiancutie123 posted:

Um, your itv region is Central West, so I assumed you were in Brum. A possible way to get it is to ask somebody in the US to set up a slingbox to their cable box, and then yyou could watch the american channels through the internet.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
edward posted:
asiancutie123 posted:
The final way is to have a massive sized satellite dish and aim it at those american satellites.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the curved nature of the Earth prohibit Europeans from receiving US satellites?
ED
edward
itsrobert posted:
edward posted:
asiancutie123 posted:

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the curved nature of the Earth prohibit Europeans from receiving US satellites?

Some American satellites are technically visible with miniscule elevation (<10) but you would have to be very high up and the main problem is the dish size - I doubt the council would allow a 3m+ dish!

In London, Echostar 3 at 61.5W has elevation 9 degrees, and that is a Dish Network satellite.
SE
seamus
How is CNNI handling the big Earthquake in Hawai'i? CNNUS Is simulcasting KITV, the ABC affiliate for Honolulu.
BA
baoren

Does anyone thinks that if the 'small monitors' behind the anchors and the huge CNN across the top be removed, the set would look much better?
GI
ginnyfan
I think their set is just great, and I wish CNNi's new set will look like that. I don't know what are those little screens behind the presenters for. Also the CNN signs have been there for a long time,it's their trademark.
GI
ginnyfan
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4436/jupl9.jpg

Newer posts