The Newsroom

New Meridian, BBC South & South East Thread

(July 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DG
Dan Gooding
has South East Today got a new look, i only saw Breakfast this morning and their graphics have changed.

OK, maybe not, as the 6:30 edition hasn't got the different graphics.
DG
Dan Gooding
I sent an e-mail to South East Today asking about their breakfast graphics and have recieved a reply. Here it is:

Thank you for your message.

As you say, we have rolled out some new graphics for the breakfast
bulletins and will be extending them to other bulletins in the near
future.

Regards, Jane Trumble

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 11 October 2006 18:05
To: SouthEastToday
Subject: From internet site contacts form

Name: Daniel Gooding

Comment:

I was just wondering what's going on with you graphics at the moment, as
it seems that your Breakfast Bulletins have a new set of graphics and
the main programmes don't. what is happening?

So i take it this means a new look is iminant?
DA
Daniel89
Yesterday's edition of SET seemed a bit too harsh. First they show a report where some man tries to demand the average southeasterner to move to somewhere like Wales just because they don't want another water shortage. Wouldn't it be better if they moved the chavs up north to save on water AND make the south east a better place to live in?

Another interesting story I saw as well was about introducing double decker train carriages. Sounds like a great idea but would you really go into the trouble of rebuilding bridges to make way for this?
PT
Put The Telly On
Geoff's jokes are getting terrible - especially when him and Bev are in the soft area. You can almost hear the tumbleweed.
DG
Dan Gooding
So now the main bulletins are using new astons, etc. But no new titles? what's going on?
PT
Put The Telly On
They still haven't got the hang of fading the astons instead of cutting them all the time.
SE
Seb
Had a look at them online, they are horrible.
GL
Glenn
Did anyone notice the one night only return of (in the words of Fred Dinenage) the Maestro on Meridian today?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/glenncooney/MeridianWITV2-CarlTyler.jpg

Carl Tyler, a true ITV in the south legend. Very Happy
PT
Put The Telly On
Yeah, he was back in the studio on SE as well. They do bring them back - considering he supposedly retired in 2003. Its competition between him and Michael Fish's forecasts on SET now. Laughing
GL
Glenn
I have to admit I am a very nostalgic person. And living in the TVS & Meridian eras I can remember growing up with Carl Tyler presenting the weather. I'm probably a bit too young to remember Trevor The Weather Baker (I'm 25), but I always remember Carl. Very Happy

It's great to see him on again today for the pan-regional Meridian bulletins. It's always nice while it lasts. Very Happy Martyn Davies and Gemma Humphries should go away a bit more often. Laughing
PO
ThePotato-original
Daniel B posted:
Wouldn't it be better if they moved the chavs up north to save on water AND make the south east a better place to live in?

Why not move our chavs down to you and let you suffer even more? What have you got against the North anyway?
NG
noggin Founding member
Glenn posted:
I have to admit I am a very nostalgic person. And living in the TVS & Meridian eras I can remember growing up with Carl Tyler presenting the weather. I'm probably a bit too young to remember Trevor The Weather Baker (I'm 25), but I always remember Carl. Very Happy

It's great to see him on again today for the pan-regional Meridian bulletins. It's always nice while it lasts. Very Happy Martyn Davies and Gemma Humphries should go away a bit more often. Laughing

Ah - it was always Ron Lobeck for us TVS/Meridian South East viewers...

There was a golden age of Mike Debens, Liz Wickham, Anna Maria-Ashe and Ron Lobeck...

Newer posts