The Newsroom

The Sunday Edition

with Andrew Rawnsley & Andrea Catherwood (September 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PR
Primetime
http://www.itv.com/uploads/images/1158342295363_0.3748437526875824.jpg
From ITV.COM:

The Sunday Edition with Andrew Rawnsley & Andrea Catherwood is ITV's brand new political interview and discussion programme.
The live studio show will continue the tradition of live political programming on ITV at the weekend and will feature the traditional ‘long format' interview as well as incisive debate by key players in politics, the arts and business.

The programme will have three distinct segments:
-Breaking news and political stories will kick off the programme and be brought up to the minute by interviews with key figures and commentators.
-The in-depth political interview will lie at the heart of the show.
-Discussion of major issues and interviews with big names from across the range of arts, business and culture will offer insight and provoke debate.

Sundays 11am, ITV1
GM
GMc
The website is www.itv.com/sundayedition
JO
Jonathan
I think Andrea's nerves show through quite strong, hopefully she will relax a bit more later on. Her interviewing is slightly wooden, like her presenting, but she interviewed the Muslim guy pretty well.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
A couple of presentation things, it was coming from the ITN studios, looked like a re-dressed Channel 4 News set to me with the screen.

And the programme was copyright London Weekend Television at the end.
PR
Primetime
Andrew Rawnsley and Andrea Catherwood both seemed very nervous. They'll probably be more relaxed by next week, I'm not sure if I like the studio and presentation. Maybe I just need to get used to it!
JO
johnofhertford
I was surprised it came from ITN studios - thought it would be TLS, although I suppose Dimbleby had switched from TLS at the end of its run, so maybe TLS is just full up.
OH
ohwhatanight Founding member
I quite liked Andrea on this - she seemed a bit more real even if a tad nervous. That Andrew guy seemed more nervous than Andrea but eventually settled down. What has he presented before? Was it Channel 4's political show?

Graphically I absolutely hated the opening titles. It was like a TV Forum mock of mixing ITV Day idents with a splash of This Morning. Really POOR!

The studio and graphics were much better mind - shame it was all made in 4x3 rather than proper 16x9!

As political shows go it was ok and more suited to an ITV audience than a BBC audience and just felt a bit friendler and inviting than previous political show offerings.

Will certainly watch again next week to see any improvements!
JO
johnofhertford
That Andrew guy? Oh God!

Andrew Rawnsley, one of the leading political commentators and authors in the country. Former presenter of A Week in Politics (Channel 4) and The Westminster Hour (Radio 4).

Newer posts