TV Home Forum

Shortland Street

(March 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
A petition asking ITV to move Shortland Street to 5pm in all regions has been set up on the UK Shortland Street site.

We need to get loads of signatures to send to ITV if we want SS to replace Crossroads. Otherwise we will end up with endless repeats of You've been framed

The petition can be found here : Shortland St Petition
Last edited by Jez on 22 September 2003 8:10am - 31 times in total
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Oh give up. Nobody takes notice of these on-line petition things. They are a joke.
JE
Jez Founding member
Well at least we are doing all we can to help the show survive on ITV. I have watched Shortland St for years so i'm not just going to sit back and watch it leave our screens.

Instead of moaning sign it and help us!
:-(
A former member
We don't want Shortland Street of all things at 5.00 or any other time!!

Who in their right mind flaming cares???!!! The crappy programme isn't even British!!
Sad...
A former member
Quote:
Oh give up. Nobody takes notice of these on-line petition things. They are a joke

Really then how come Angel Season 2 DVD box set was released here in widescreen a worldwide exclusive because of an online petiton sent to fox uk, they do work if people contribute.
JE
Jez Founding member
M D R posted:

Who in their right mind flaming cares???!!! The crappy programme isn't even British!!
Sad...

MDR that is a pathetic reason - Neighbours isnt British, ER isnt British but these programmes have a huge following in the UK. People should give the show a chance and if they did it would be as huge as those series are.
A former member
SS isn't popular here, and it has been given a chance- I even saw a trailer for it a few weeks ago.

I saw it last week briefly and it was awful, it really was. Worse than Crossroads.

Just because you like it…
Rolling Eyes
JE
Jez Founding member
MDR if you dont like Shortland Street then this thread has got nothing to do with you.

Shortland Street has never been networked so it hasnt been given a fair chance and we think it deserves it.

We have posted this thread to make people aware of the petition as there are some SS fans on here who might want to sign it.
NW
nwtv2003
I'm not a fan of Shortland Street as it is never shown on Granada anymore, but I would rather see Shortland Street at 5pm than You've Been Framed, as it a show which is getting old and stale and it isn't funny anymore. But though a Petition is a good idea, it won't work as it is rather obvious that ITV want a cheap filler which will bring in the ratings. I bet they'll put on the following...

Arrow You've Been Framed
Arrow Catchphrase (Daytime version)
Arrow Family Fortunes (Daytime Version)
Arrow The Planets Funniest Animals (The Most stupidest show ever and GMG North seem to like this show even though it is really sh*t)
Arrow ITV News, as it is rather likely that a War on Iraq would have started by the time that Crossroads is taken off at 5pm.
A former member
I'm afraid that Shortland Street is a terrible, terrible program. It's awful! Surely you only watch it for irony value?

Everyone knows that the show to stick on is Quincy ME.

And petitions don't work anyway. They REALLY don't work.
JE
Jez Founding member
Quote:
I'm afraid that Shortland Street is a terrible, terrible program. It's awful! Surely you only watch it for irony value?

so terrible you must have watched an awful lot of episodes to come to that conclusion.

I really dont know why so many people have issues with this show.
A former member
I'm a student. I sit through all sorts of cack TV. It's a living.

Newer posts