The Newsroom

Longest Current serving newsreader??

(August 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
johnofhertford
Typing "Dineage Dinenage" into Google soon gives the answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Redvers/Archive03#Spelling_of_.22Fred_Dineage.27s.22_name

Looks like Mr Harvey isn't the only one to look a prat for thinking he knew how to spell Fre'd surname, when in fact he was doing what comes naturally!

It's Dinenage, that's an end to it, from the horse's mouth!
SP
Steve in Pudsey
gregmc posted:

Isnt that the bloke who used to do ' How' for CITV.

Yes.
:-(
A former member
James Hall posted:
Nick Harvey posted:
Joe Havard posted:
Can't find it spelt any other way.

Then might I siggest a pair of spectacles?

Google gives you "about 1,040" results for "Fred Dineage".

Compared to the 837 who've spelt it with an "n" I'd be wondering who's the moron, Joe.

You?
JA
jamesmd
Joe Havard posted:
James Hall posted:
Nick Harvey posted:
Joe Havard posted:
Can't find it spelt any other way.

Then might I siggest a pair of spectacles?

Google gives you "about 1,040" results for "Fred Dineage".

Compared to the 837 who've spelt it with an "n" I'd be wondering who's the moron, Joe.

You?

Indeed, you and that 837 people, and Fred himself, seem to have got me.

Apologies and humble pie eaten.
AN
Andrew Founding member
gregmc posted:

Isnt that the bloke who used to do ' How' for CITV.

He still is doing How, well How 2, for CITV

Definally the oldest Children's TV presenter!
MI
philMID
just had to bring this up:

SOURCE: TV-ARK

"Bob Warman, possibly Britain's first Breakfast presenter, with Good Morning Calendar in 1977.

Bob then joined ATV Today and subsequently presented the West edition of Central News from day 1 in 1982.

Can anyone remember Bob's attempt at being a game show host on Sky's version of The Price is Right?
Oh, and Bob still co-presents Central News (West) by the way."

Bob on Shockwave at Drayton Manor
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9562/sut11082006afternoon0004ai2.jpg
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
We appear to be comparing chalk and pears here, rather than anything sensible.

If you ask Google for UK pages only, "about 1,040" spell it "Dineage" and "about 606" spell it "Dinenage".

If you ask Google for the entire web, "about 2,430" spell it "Dineage" and "about 848" spell it "Dinenage".

As for Wakkypedia, or whatever the heck the stupid thing is called, I've never bothered to believe a word it says, and have no intention whatsoever of starting now.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
And you're not believing the TVS publicity cards and the book and video covers posted previously either, Nick?
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
This is liable to go on for ever if we don't draw a halt to it, so best to do so now.

I know when I'm right and I know when I'm right.
JO
johnofhertford
So, on Wilkipedia we have a friend of the Dinenage family making a point of "correcting" the spelling to Dineage, only to find out from the Dinenage family that he was wrong after all, and that it is indeed Dinenage. He was big enough to admit that he'd made a bit of a fool of himself, and in the process showed that he wasn't that big a fool.

Mr Harvey is just continuing to make a fool of himself, in fact he's making an even bigger fool of himself.

I don't think I've ever known Nick Harvey to admit when he was wrong about anything, and I don't suppose he will start now.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
From the sites' terms & conditions...
Quote:
Posts should not divert the natural flow of a topic, taking it significantly off-topic. This includes nitpicking the spelling and grammar of posts, as well as the posting of random images which have the same effect to a topic.

I think it's clear that we all know which presenter is being talked about, regardless of how you spell Freds' surname.
SA
Sascha
Charlie Wells posted:
From the sites' terms & conditions...
Quote:
Posts should not divert the natural flow of a topic, taking it significantly off-topic. This includes nitpicking the spelling and grammar of posts, as well as the posting of random images which have the same effect to a topic.

I think it's clear that we all know which presenter is being talked about, regardless of how you spell Freds' surname.

I bet even his driving licence and bank account names differ, so maybe even Fred himself doesn't know how to spell it! Wink

Newer posts