TV Home Forum

Doctor Who

2006 Series - WARNING: May contain spoilers (April 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DD
DarkestDreams
SHOCK...HORROR ----------- THE DOCTOR HAS A SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reported in national newspapers today, the what appeared to be a passing joke made by the Doctor a few months ago in an episode that he is a dad IS TRUE!!!!!!!!1 THIS MEANS THAT THE SHOW CAN CONTINUE AFTER 13 REGENERATIONS!

WOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DA
davidhorman
Quote:
Reported in national newspapers today, th(at) what appeared to be a passing joke made by the Doctor

I thought the way he said it, and Rose's reaction, made it pretty clear that it wasn't a joke.

Quote:
<lcase>this means that the show can continue after 13 regenerations!</lcase>

Since when was continuing past 13 regenerations contingent on the Doctor being a dad? Or are you wildly speculating the Doctor can hand the keys to the TARDIS down to his sprog when he pops it?

David
MS
Mr-Stabby
It's hardly news to people who have watched classic episodes of the show. In the very first episodes the Doctors grand-daughter travelled with him in the TARDIS, so it doesn't take a genius to realise that he was going to have either a son or a daughter.

If there's any news to be had, it's if they decide to bring the doctors family into the new series. But can you see that happening with all the "I'm the last timelord" stuff going on at the moment? Could happen though Smile
BA
Bail Moderator
The Doctor is half human so having kids, timelord or human was always posible.
SD
Steve D
Bail posted:
The Doctor is half human

Is he? I thought that was Spock from Star Trek.
NU
The Nurse
It was mentioned in the awful 1996 US TV Movie - although as far as I know they'd rather forget that was ever mentioned!

For goodness sake if they want to carry it on past 12 regenerations then they will - without having to have a Son Of The Doctor to which to pass the baton. Do you really think they are going to let some minor technicality that nobody bar a few hardcore fans even know about get in the way of making the show if it's really successful?!
AM
amosc100
The Nurse posted:
It was mentioned in the awful 1996 US TV Movie - although as far as I know they'd rather forget that was ever mentioned!

For goodness sake if they want to carry it on past 12 regenerations then they will - without having to have a Son Of The Doctor to which to pass the baton. Do you really think they are going to let some minor technicality that nobody bar a few hardcore fans even know about get in the way of making the show if it's really successful?!

It's not a few people who know - it is timelord folklore and many many people do know the fact that timelords only have 13 lives.

BTW there are quite a few renegade timelords I bet didin't take part in the timewar - such as The Rani and The Master (who has used all 13 lives and seems not to die ever!!!)

10 days later

DE
denton
Plans for a Doctor Who spin-off show starring Billie Piper were scrapped at the last minute, series producer Russell T Davies has revealed.

Clickity

Also... I've not seen it mentioned on here or on the Doctor Who web-site, but in Ariel a few weeks back there was a brief mention that RTD was developing another spin-off for CBBC to star Elizabeth Sladen.
BS
brotherton sands
1996 Doctor Who TV movie, The 8th Doctor (Paul McGann) revealed "I'm half human - on my mother's side". So, if the Doctor's son's mother was human too, the son would be 75% human.

In the early days of the show in the 1960s, with the 1st Doctor (William Hartnell), there was the Doctor's granddaughter, Susan (Carole Ann Ford). Her physical appearance was "teenage/early-20s" in human terms (but that might might mean that she was something like 50-years-old (or whatever), in light of the Time Lord factor).

If this forthcoming son in the next series is a played by, say, a 12-year-old boy actor or something, all the traditionalists will probably blow a fuse about this being a huge continuity gaffe (i.e. "How can the son be (or at least look) younger than the granddaughter?")

Well, there's no reason why the son HAS to be the middle generation (e.g. Susan's father) - I see no reason why the Doctor himself couldn't have fathered another child even after he already had a grandchild!)

Then there's the whole theory about "we don't KNOW for an ABSOLUTE FACT that Susan is definately REALLY the Doctor's granddaughter". Her addressing him as "grandfather" may have been some wierd term of endearment, so she might actually only be "related" to the Doctor as in fostered/adopted, or maybe not even that - neither related nor "related" to him at all.

Also, even if the son is played by an actor who looks younger than Susan did in 1963 - it could still be "Susan's father"! Think about about it - how old a Time Lord APPEARS to be fluctuates with regeneration.

When the Doc was less than 500 years old (William Hartnell) he looked like a 60-something human would, and when he was in about his 700s (Peter Davison) he looked like a 30-something human would!

Hell, in "The Five Doctors", Susan looks "middle aged" (in human terms), therefore SHE looks OLDER than (the 5th incarnation of) her OWN GRANDFATHER does!!! - so the Doctor's son could look 12 (or whatever) and still be Susan's dad, by Time Lord logic.

20 days later

:-(
A former member
The Yesterday sun it same David tenant will stay as doctor for 3rd season but will not stay for a 4th!

Does this mean we will only have two more doctor before he died out for ever/
JE
Jez Founding member
It will be a shame if David Tennant quits so soon.
JO
jonniew
OMG seriously! Learn some english. What I think he was trying to say is:

Quote:

Yesterday's Sun reported that David Tennant will remain in the role of The Doctor for a 3rd series however he will not return for a 4th.

Could this mean there will be only 2 more doctors, before the show must end?

Jonnie Very Happy

Newer posts