TV Home Forum

Sport Relief

Discussion of Saturday's events (July 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
tvarksouthwest posted:
james2001 posted:
I'm suprised Jade Goody's still around, considering that most Big Brother contestants are long gone. The only reason she's famous is because she's so thick.

Only because the BBC and other channels continue to give her the oxygen of publicity. So they know what to do.

This would be one of the first gigs she has done at the Beeb, no?

Anyway, as I say; I take full responsibility for watching her.

Sorry, everyone.
DA
David
I see Only Fools on Horses are only allowing text votes tonight, any know why?

I thought it would be a good test of my theory that people with easier to spell names do better in text votes than those called Makosi or Caggy or those with alternative spellings of their names but the final four in this all have alternative spellings.

Arrow Jenni could be Jenny etc.
Arrow Matt B could be MattB, Matt (I'm not even sure 'Matt B' is correct myself, the graphics on screen didn't seem to have a space in his name but his name on the website has a space).
Arrow Nikki could be Nicky
Arrow Sara could be Sarah
DA
David
Gavin Scott posted:
tvarksouthwest posted:
james2001 posted:
I'm suprised Jade Goody's still around, considering that most Big Brother contestants are long gone. The only reason she's famous is because she's so thick.

Only because the BBC and other channels continue to give her the oxygen of publicity. So they know what to do.

This would be one of the first gigs she has done at the Beeb, no?

She did The Trouble with Anne Robinson and The Weakest Link at least once.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
davidlees posted:

We've *all* done the Weakest Link. That doesn't count.

http://www.gorillaenterprises.co.uk/upload/uploadFiles/gavin-wl.jpg
CD
cdukjunkie
Gavin Scott posted:
davidlees posted:

A-ha! For 2 years I've been trying to work out where I've seen you before Wink
DA
DAS Founding member
Gavin Scott posted:
davidlees posted:

Gavin. Why Ayla?

I think that joke's been done before, but what the heck.
CD
cdukjunkie
Is it just me or are they using the old TOTP star bar for some backstage links tonight?
WI
william Founding member
I'm really impressed with the set design actually. Lots of 'character' rather than the bare (albeit slightly more flexible) Children in Need set of recent years. Nice idea to put the totaliser on a scoreboard with the old fashioned clock, and the athletics track (copied from They Think Its All Over?).

Indeed its been the best I remember it - in terms of the lead up support programming (the Indian cricket tour, the David Walliams programme, Sport Relief Mile) plus an evening of stuff that on the whole has kept you watching so far.
NG
noggin Founding member
Steve in Pudsey posted:
I was more surprised that they could get that many feeds at once, although thinking about it they were all probably SNG trucks rather than lines from studios

You can get a single circuit from every BBC English region and nation to London simultaneously (though the North is now a bit trickier with Hull, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle), even without SNG.

(They used to do this for the Children In Need regional singing bounces - which also required a clever multi-track with lots of backing feeds delayed by the right amount to ensure the singing all arrived in sync - well ish - by the time the regional feed got back toTVC)
NG
noggin Founding member
Westy2 posted:
I saw Midlands Today's Ian Winter on News 24 earlier, along with Sir Steve Redgrave.

Nice to see Ian handing to his old Look East colleague Sean Peel in Ipswich on the Sport Relief Mile show this morning.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I really do find Davina quite annoying

If she hadn't got the Big Brother gig, she'd be presenting The Mint by now
AS
Asa Admin
Some of the bits haven't felt very scripted. Mastermind was all a bit of a cockup and the couple of times I've seen the "we've 10 callers on the line" segment, it's always been either rushed or rubbish. And dusting down Ron Manager *yet again*? Why?

With BBC One shutting up shop at 12.50, it looks like Ceefax will be on show for a fair while tonight on Two.

And sorry for the slow running of the site tonight. V frustrating

Newer posts