The Newsroom

New look ITN

(June 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joshua
They just showed the new endcap on the end of tonights ITV Evening News, it used the green/gold colour scheme logo, ITN logo at the bottom right, the Right Connect Right Now moto animating back and foward aswell,with the RTS News programme of the year above the ITN logo. Quite good!
RD
rdd Founding member
Hmm...they change their logo after nearly 40 years with the previous design and what do they do? Change the colour and the dimensions. Not very original.

You'd think a news broadcaster would no what year it is...the date on today's press release is 20006...
KK
Killie Kingdom
The site's really cool with added techno style Cool if you know what I mean :?This logo isn't brand spanking new though Sad , it's so similar to the one they used during the period mid/late '80s to early '90s. It's also a bit bland, well if you compare it with the previous one! Rolling Eyes

Oh well - onwards and upwards I suppose. Wink GO GO ITN! Razz I've also just watched the video, and it sounds more Channel 4 Newslike (completely different from ITV News style Cool)! I love it!

WHEN ITN GOES MARCHING ON! Smile
JH
Jonathan H
rdd posted:
Hmm...they change their logo after nearly 40 years with the previous design...

Er, not quite. ITN have changed their logo several times over the years. It's always been an evolution rather than a brand new design.
AN
Ant
I loved the previous endcap they had for a few months. This design looks bad.
KK
Killie Kingdom
Jonathan H posted:
ITN have changed their logo several times over the years. It's always been an evolution rather than a brand new design.

That's true Jonathan Cool , ITN have made a lot changes to the logo over the decades, and somehow always manage to come up with the best design! Very Happy Well compared to some anyway. Wink
PE
Pete Founding member
Jane Lewis Fan posted:
The site's really cool with added techno style Cool if you know what I mean :?This logo isn't brand spanking new though Sad , it's so similar to the one they used during the period mid/late '80s to early '90s. It's also a bit bland, well if you compare it with the previous one! Rolling Eyes

Oh well - onwards and upwards I suppose. Wink GO GO ITN! Razz I've also just watched the video, and it sounds more Channel 4 Newslike (completely different from ITV News style Cool)! I love it!

you know, you're not on my hitlist, but you can post without all those emoticons from time to time
KK
Killie Kingdom
I know that Hymagumba, I think I'm just going through a short daft moment.
DA
DAS Founding member
Hymagumba posted:
Jane Lewis Fan posted:

you know, you're not on my hitlist, but you can post without all those emoticons from time to time

You beat me to it - I was just about to hit the reply button and launch a tirade of abuse about simpletons Embarassed Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil who use emoticons.
BU
buster
Square Eyes posted:
Yes, whats the deal with cutting off the top of the logo on the website, lets hope thats a mistake rather than a design specification.

Afraid not, that's how it's supposed to be, appearing like that on a lot of places. "bleeding off the edge" is the phrase I heard used!
JH
Jonathan H
buster posted:
Afraid not, that's how it's supposed to be, appearing like that on a lot of places. "bleeding off the edge" is the phrase I heard used!

Really? Bleedin' something , certainly.
HA
harshy Founding member
Charlie Wells posted:
Well that was erm different.
http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/itn_1926.jpg
The top text is blurred due to it 'moving' when I hit capture.

what the hell is that, that is totally rubbish!

Newer posts