TV Home Forum

Kids on TVF - AARRGH!

A small war against little people on TV Forum (June 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MC
MartinColsworth
To loyal adult/teenage TVF users,
Are you getting annoyed by children snooping round TVF, planting crap mocks here, requesting CBBC rubbish there (I mean for non technical use), posting useless comments some other place.

Well I say we put an end to all this tripe - I think TVF should stop the age limit at 13 or 14. At least then we know we are all talking to people with half a wit of knowledge in broadcast info and won't think they're being all clever by saying "You know, I'm only 3 months old - this is my first mock" and pretending to be upset.

You may say "They will just lie about their age on the registering form". Well at least they won't start using the excuse "I'm only 12" when questioned or doubted over their particularly crappy mocks and random CBBC requests for personal enjoyment. If they do say that, well the Moderators can boot them off. Let's go!

So Who's With Me?

From Marty C
DV
darth vader
Hmmm, yes I am with you. What was the youngest we had, about 9 years old or something?
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
I'm sure there's a certain amount of irony in this thread.
DB
dbl
Thank you, Thank you and Thank you.

I'm soo sick of the requests forum, a particular member always asking for news openers, and giving wrong infomation on fonts, then a slap in the face, saying he's only 11.
CD
cdukjunkie
Maybe Asa could venture into a side project, TV Kinderforum anyone?
NB
NerdBoy
seems you have more of a problem with trolls than kids surely? (not saying they can't be both)
MC
MartinColsworth
cdukjunkie posted:

I like it - its a cheesy name, and a good way to filter out small people. Asa? You there?
CD
cdukjunkie
Charlie Wells posted:
I'm sure there's a certain amount of irony in this thread.

And even more on the way....

MartinColsworth posted:
cdukjunkie posted:

I like it - its a cheesy name, and a good way to filter out small people. Asa? You there?

Laughing
RD
RDJ
To be honest you've only been here a couple of months. The likes of us who have coped with it over the past 3 or more years have ignored it and continually do so even if it may be annoying and on the increase.

And to be honest just because of their age, We can't really ban them from posting because they haven't really done anything wrong. As long as they abide by the rules they're welcome to stay and just as long as they get ignored by the majority then let them create crap mocks that'll no doubt be rated poor.

As much as i'd like to get the little buggers to go, This is a "professional" forum for TV enthusiasts of all genders, ages and areas.

End of rant.
BA
Bail Moderator
I think members should have a post count of at least 150 before they are allowed to post.
BE
Ben Founding member
Seems to be someone posts a topic such as this one at about this time every year. Before long of course it'll be the Summer Holidays and things will be much much worse, except none of us will notice unless the weather is bad Razz

Seriously though this subject is probably as common as the question of BBC World being avalible in the UK. Just with that it will never change. But as it is now in general these lil ones tend to keep themselves in their respective threads in general or in the mock and request forums.

As long as they're seen and not heard I'm happy.
KE
keithgreer
Maybe it's time to bring back the trains?

Newer posts