« Topics
STV Today1,254 posts since 20 Mar 2005
Whatever channel or form of media he works in, Jon Snow is one of the best; he is someone who you can actually call a journalist.
I would far prefer see Jon doing a show like Newsnight than Jeremy Paxman!!
If the BBC does poach him - it would one hell of a coup for auntie.
themagicmonkey145 posts since 1 Apr 2005
How is Paxman not a journalist? He's one of the most informed presenters around! It's just a shame he doesn't do a bit more reporting like Snow does, but I guess he's pretty busy - he even seems to be on Newsnight less and less. That could suggest he may be moving on, and there was talk of him taking over Question Time or something else.
themagicmonkey posted:
How is Paxman not a journalist? He's one of the most informed presenters around! It's just a shame he doesn't do a bit more reporting like Snow does, but I guess he's pretty busy - he even seems to be on Newsnight less and less. That could suggest he may be moving on, and there was talk of him taking over Question Time or something else.

My comments did not mean that Paxman is not a journalist...he obviously is one, and has many qualifications and decades of experience to prove it.
However, he is a Scotophobe and just aint my cup of tea!
Matrix2,544 posts since 13 Feb 2004
Anne MacKenzie Fan posted:
themagicmonkey posted:

My comments did not mean that Paxman is not a journalist...he obviously is one, and has many qualifications and decades of experience to prove it.

Did you ever see Paxman's 'Who do you think you are?'

I suggest you do so.
Matrix posted:
themagicmonkey posted:

I suggest you do so.

Thanks Matrix,
I have seen this episode and am fully aware he has Scottish heritage.
Jane Lewis Fan posted:

Does he? Shocked Where from AMF? Cool

Hey Laura,
He has links with John MacKay (not the one that springs to mind though); his maternal side is from Glasgow and further north.
jamesmd2,755 posts since 27 Mar 2004
Matrix posted:
themagicmonkey posted:

I suggest you do so.

Thanks Matrix,

Suppose that's why he broke down in tears then