TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Big week of storylines and Corrie in HD from Monday (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
From The Sun

AUF Wiedersehen, Pet star Tim Healy is off to the Rovers Return.

Geordie Tim, 53, is joining Corrie as camp Sean Tully’s long-lost dad.

He follows in the footsteps of his missus, Denise Welch, 47, who played racy Rovers landlady Natalie Barnes.

The Sun revealed in February that Street bosses were introducing a family for popular Sean, played by Antony Cotton.

And Tim is to be Brian Tully, his father. The pair will meet up at the funeral of Sean’s aunt in June.

An insider said: “Sean’s forced into making contact with his dad and it opens a whole can of worms. Brian doesn’t even know Sean is gay.”

Tim, who played Dennis Patterson in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, will be on screen from June 5 and has signed up for seven episodes.

He said last night: “I am thrilled to be joining the cast of Coronation Street.

“I have already been in to meet Antony.

“I appeared on the show in 1976 as a bingo caller in a scene with Hilda Ogden, so to come back 30 years later is fantastic.”
ST
stevek
sounds like an interesting storyline

changing the subject why has haley been out of it for so long
CL
CL2K
Visiting her sick uncle, allegedly.

Hurray! Page 300!
PT
Put The Telly On
I just want to see more of Eileen - she's so underused. Hey, maybe she and Sean's dad could have a relationship. (Apologies if thats already in the pipeline...)
SP
Spencer
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I thought it might make a good Page 300 treat.

Anyway, it's 2010 and the BBC has bought the rights to Coronation Street after ITV axed all programming in favour of simulcasting ITV Play. After intervention from the DCMS, the Beeb has been forced to incorporate a rolling news element into Corrie to fulfil public service responsibilities. The theme tune has been reworked accordingly.

(IIRC, this originated from www.mightywhite.net)
PT
Put The Telly On
Hmm, I prefer the Neighbours one Wink
SP
Spencer
Is anyone else getting really sick of the current Corrie sponsor credits?

I kind of like the idea of featuring different Coronation Streets around the country, but the sequences just become really irritating after repeated viewing.

The woman who summons her husband by clapping needs a slap, and I'd really like to hurt 'Jim and Suki'. Oh how hilarious, they've turned the radio on by accident - well excuse me whilst I get a needle and thread in case I have to sew up my split sides.

# "...season ticket to my heart..." Grr.
PO
Pootle5
Spencer For Hire posted:

I kind of like the idea of featuring different Coronation Streets around the country, but the sequences just become really irritating after repeated viewing.

The woman who summons her husband by clapping needs a slap, and I'd really like to hurt 'Jim and Suki'. Oh how hilarious, they've turned the radio on by accident - well excuse me whilst I get a needle and thread in case I have to sew up my split sides.

I find the "ticket to my heart" one the most irritating thing on television and hit the remote to mute the TV or turn over as quickly as possible every time. If Cadburys continue to use this one I think I'll start to boycott their chocolate!
JE
Jez Founding member
Spencer For Hire posted:

Yes im really bored with them too - that one with the radio is by far the worst. The best sponsors were the original ones when Cadbury started sponsoring them back in 1996.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Pootle5 posted:
Spencer For Hire posted:

I find the "ticket to my heart" one the most irritating thing on television and hit the remote to mute the TV or turn over as quickly as possible every time. If Cadburys continue to use this one I think I'll start to boycott their chocolate!

Indeed Jim and Suki are very annoying. Having said that though, that women advertising Veet around Emmerdale is giving them a run for their money at the moment
RM
Richard M
double post
RM
Richard M
Yes, the Coronation Street sponsership bits are very annoying, especially the 'Ticket To My Heart'. I remember liking the ones they first had, I think', with the street made out of chocolate with chocolate people if I remember correctly.

The new Emmerdale ones are also terrible, the woman in them is so annoying. Mad

Newer posts