CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
less than 10 minutes to go....
BA
baoren
Becky Anderson closed Business Intl with a huge smile and came Hala Garani with the new graphics. Looks cool.
EY
the eye
Yes, the music is nice, the animation isnt too bad, but that will get annoying, but I really like the flicker ticker!
GI
ginnyfan
It looks fresh and bright and the music reminds me of BBC World, but I 'll wait until the first news bulletin for a better look.
EY
the eye
ginnyfan posted:
It looks fresh and bright and the music reminds me of BBC World, but I 'll wait until the first news bulletin for a better look.

Yea, as quiet as the headline bed they played was, it did sorta remind me of BBC World.
ST
stuartfanning
Can anyone put up screengrabs please?
BA
baoren
The opening titles for World News is quite cool looking, with soft and beats in it for the world locations. Noticed that its quite 'Sky News-ish' The wordings contained in a rectangle box too.
GE
Gareth E
Really liked the new World Sport titles. Green sport astons look pretty good IMO. The whole thing looks very contemporary - graphics are subtle but informative. Thumbs up! Wink
EY
the eye
bbcsport posted:
Really liked the new World Sport titles. Green sport astons look pretty good IMO. The whole thing looks very contemporary - graphics are subtle but informative. Thumbs up! Wink

Yes, World Sport looks so much better than the previous look.
DA
DAS Founding member
Really liking it, which surprises me as I wasn't too keen on the captures that were posted here. That live bug slightly annoys me and I reckon they should take the backing off the corner logo, but overall a really nice and original take.
:-(
A former member
I'm really impressed with these graphics - they look really good on air. Have spotted a few mishaps tho - the ticker was on markets and just said "N/A N/A N/A" on it before. They also appeared and disappeared a few times during The Daily Show.

A nice fresh look, very different to any others. Only thing lets it down (as ever) is the appauling picture quality. They really should sort that out.
MQ
Mr Q
I'm incredibly impressed by these new graphics. I was critical when I saw the screen caps - but I was wrong. They've been executed extremely well. Indeed, of all the news channels I have access to (Sky News, Fox News, BBC World, CNBC, Bloomberg, and of course CNN), CNN's new package is by far and away the best. An exceptional job - well beyond anything I had expected.

Newer posts