The Newsroom

Al Jazeera English & Al Jazeera America

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LO
Londoner
Broadcast posted:
The Qatar-based broadcaster has poached senior ITV staff including business correspondent Lauren Taylor, foreign editor Derl McCrudden, sports presenter Felicity Barr and outgoing ITV News Channel editor Ben Rayner. Barr will take a high profile role as anchor for the channel's London news strand with former BBC World face Stephen Cole, while Taylor is believed to be Europe correspondent.

McCrudden will join the channel as a news editor and Rayner will take a senior programme editor role in London.

April launch confirmed
Last edited by Londoner on 10 November 2014 11:19am - 9 times in total
JH
Jonathan H
Andrew posted:
I note the person who said she'd left has a postcount of 1....

Rolling Eyes
DO
dodrade
Is this a joke?
LO
Londoner
dodrade posted:
Is this a joke?

No; why should it be?
EY
the eye
Where is Al Jazerra International (is that what its called) going to aired in the world?
MS
msim
Jonathan H posted:
Andrew posted:

Rolling Eyes

If i were 'newschannel' and my post had been dismissed in the manner shown by Andrew I would now be demanding an apology from him! Just because someone has a post count of 1 doesnt automatically make them a liar.
TW
Time Warp
Any indications as to Felicity's final broadcasting week at ITV?
AN
Andrew Founding member
msim posted:
Jonathan H posted:
Andrew posted:

Rolling Eyes

If i were 'newschannel' and my post had been dismissed in the manner shown by Andrew I would now be demanding an apology from him! Just because someone has a post count of 1 doesnt automatically make them a liar.

Ok so for every new poster who posts something that is true there are about a dozen that post complete rubbish that certain people always believe.

I suppose its the same as some news organisations running with a story based on one source
JH
Jonathan H
bbcworld2005 posted:
Where is Al Jazerra International (is that what its called) going to aired in the world?

It will be a global news channel and will air on Sky in the UK. It'll also apparently be the first news channel to originate in HD.
NE
newschannel
Thanks MSIM.. but apology is not needed. I usually just read TV Forum and wouldn't normally post anything on here. But with so much talk about Felicity I thought I'd put you all out of your misery wondering where she was. She signed with Al Jaz the day the NC folded. Morale is so low at ITV and she deserves this break. She's a great talent.
Over and out from me.
MR
mromega
[quote="Jonathan H"]
bbcworld2005 posted:
It'll also apparently be the first news channel to originate in HD.

The first High Def News channel was HDNews, which is on the VOOM network (http://www.voom.com/vhdo/news/index.jsp).
EY
the eye
Jonathan H posted:
bbcworld2005 posted:

It will be a global news channel and will air on Sky in the UK. It'll also apparently be the first news channel to originate in HD.

Do you know of any where I could find out to see if it will be avaliable here in NZ?

Newer posts